HAMILTON Original Cast Filming

Robbiem

The 1997 straight stage production of Cats was much better than the flop of the 2019 movie version in my opinion. That just did not work at all.

I’ve not seen either but the stage version is being streamed on youtube this weekend by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Not sure if this only in the uk but I might check it out. I really wish disney would do this with their own musicals on Disney plus, I would love to see Lion King or Mary Poppins

PiratesMansion

Not sure if this only in the uk but I might check it out. I really wish disney would do this with their own musicals on Disney plus, I would love to see Lion King or Mary Poppins

There's a filmed production of Newsies on D+, at least in the US.

Since they've been surprised by the reception of musicals on D+, perhaps there's hope-and I can't imagine what kind of downside there'd be in posting videos of shows that aren't running anymore. Tarzan, Aida, BATB, TLM, Mary Poppins...they undoubtedly have professionally filmed versions of them collecting dust somewhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I mentioned it in the D+ thread, but don't forget you can turn on closed caption to catch all the lyrics.

And for karaoke.

Mickey Pride

I have seen a touring stage production in my area, but not the original cast like this. I found everyone of the cast to be phenomenal. I will watch this over and over again.

Tony Perkis

Looks like bad faith right wing Twitter activists are trying to #CancelHamilton by (falsely) claiming it’s racist.

Idiots.

Mickey Pride

Exactly. They’re basically whining that the show glorifies slave ownership.

I don’t even like the show, but that’s a patently bad and incorrect claim.
That claim is blatantly incorrect. The show is about the life of how Alexander Hamilton and how he worked under General George Washington during the Revolutionary War and also his meeting of Eliza Schuyler who he eventually married. Then it goes into his post Revolutionary War work as the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States and all leading up to the duel with Aaron Burr and his death. That is what the show is about.

Tony Perkis

That claim is blatantly incorrect. The show is about the life of how Alexander Hamilton and how he worked under General George Washington during the Revolutionary War and also his meeting of Eliza Schuyler who he eventually married. Then it goes into his post Revolutionary War work as the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States and all leading up to the duel with Aaron Burr and his death. That is what the show is about.

So, what you’re saying is that a right-wing group of white people trying to tear down a musical created by and starring almost exclusively minorities may not be acting in good faith?

Mickey Pride

So, what you’re saying is that a right-wing group of white people trying to tear down a musical created by and starring almost exclusively minorities may not be acting in good faith?
Where in the hell did you get that from my post? I just posted that the claim about slavery was wrong and what the show was about.

Mickey Pride

I was agreeing with you and expanding upon it based on the narrative I’m seeing elsewhere.
I agree that what the people on Twitter are claiming because I know what the show is about. I refuse however to use that language on this forum because I feel it could start issues and I don't want that to occur. So you can say it one way, but I will stick to just explaining what the show is truly about and leave it at that.

Tony Perkis

I agree that what the people on Twitter are claiming because I know what the show is about. I refuse however to use that language on this forum because I feel it could start issues and I don't want that to occur. So you can say it one way, but I will stick to just explaining what the show is truly about and leave it at that.
You are free to express however you like, and tackling strictly the factual accuracy of the claims against is a perfectly valid response.

I prefer to tackle the intent as to why this is happening in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom