Halloweentime Space Mountain overlay for '09

TP2000

Original Poster
Just saw this from Al Lutz on Miceage:

Team Disney Anaheim approved the money this week for a '09 Halloween overlay for Space Mountain, using much of the equipment installed in '06 for Rockin' Space Mountain. Based on the Ghost Galaxy version of the ride in Hong Kong, this version will now debut at Disneyland on September 25th, after a two week closure. More info to come in the next update. - Al Lutz

Wow. Okay. Who knew?

A Halloweentime Space Mountain? And there's a thing called Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain they do for Halloween in Hong Kong? I had no idea.

Space Mountain isn't my all-time favorite, but it is a great ride at Disneyland, especially after the new version opened in '05. I am looking forward to seeing what this Halloween version is like however. Should be entertaining, at the very least.

nemofinder22

Just saw this from Al Lutz on Miceage:

Team Disney Anaheim approved the money this week for a '09 Halloween overlay for Space Mountain, using much of the equipment installed in '06 for Rockin' Space Mountain. Based on the Ghost Galaxy version of the ride in Hong Kong, this version will now debut at Disneyland on September 25th, after a two week closure. More info to come in the next update. - Al Lutz

Wow. Okay. Who knew?

A Halloweentime Space Mountain? And there's a thing called Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain they do for Halloween in Hong Kong? I had no idea.

Space Mountain isn't my all-time favorite, but it is a great ride at Disneyland, especially after the new version opened in '05. I am looking forward to seeing what this Halloween version is like however. Should be entertaining, at the very least.

I heard the rumors:wave: lol
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=462037

Anyways this is great!!! its about time DLR started pumping up the HalloweenTime offerings. So new this year Halloween fireworks and a Halloween overlay to Space.

As for Ghost Galaxy it looks really dark inside as opposed to Rockin' Space Mountain. Should be really cool to see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28t...alloween-edition.html&feature=player_embedded

TP2000

Original Poster
I heard the rumors:wave: lol
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=462037

Anyways this is great!!! its about time DLR started pumping up the HalloweenTime offerings. So new this year Halloween fireworks and a Halloween overlay to Space.

As for Ghost Galaxy it looks really dark inside as opposed to Rockin' Space Mountain. Should be really cool to see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28t...alloween-edition.html&feature=player_embedded

Oh, you already had this info on this board! :eek: :lol:

And now it looks like Al Lutz has confirmed it with his TDA sources and is willing to go on record with it. That's good news.

Halloweentime looks to be a big deal again at Disneyland this year. I like how they always add or change stuff with their big holiday promotions each year. TDA really seems willing to pump more cash into Halloweentime.

Whoa! Good news!

I hope it is received better than Rockin' was.

It looks like TDA is ramping up it's marketing efforts by changing the parks for the seasons. Summer Nightastic will give way to HalloweenTime, which will give way to the Christmas decor. I wonder if they've got something planned for spring?

RoRo

Awesome news. That sounds cool, but I hope they don't overuse the lights installed for Rockin' like Rockin' did(It was not even Space like). Too bad I won't be able to see it because I live in Florida and I am never going to DL because we have a Disney here. Maybe the refurb with SM in WDW will include this and possibly more...:shrug:

Thrill Seeker

Awesome news. That sounds cool, but I hope they don't overuse the lights installed for Rockin' like Rockin' did(It was not even Space like). Too bad I won't be able to see it because I live in Florida and I am never going to DL because we have a Disney here. Maybe the refurb with SM in WDW will include this and possibly more...:shrug:

Oh great, another Holiday overlay that we will never get in Florida... :brick:

I don't really get why Space Mountain would be holiday themed, especially since there isn't much to see in the ride anyway, but whatever. I'd say a holiday Splash Mountain would be better (come on WDW management, make it happen!)

RoRo

Oh great, another Holiday overlay that we will never get in Florida... :brick:

I don't really get why Space Mountain would be holiday themed, especially since there isn't much to see in the ride anyway, but whatever. I'd say a holiday Splash Mountain would be better (come on WDW management, make it happen!)

Or a holiday IASW or HM like in DL would be cool too.

sponono88

apparently Disney has confirmed the new Halloween Time additions: a new halloween-themed fireworks show and Ghost Galaxy overlay for Space Mountain.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-halloween-4901/#more-4901

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Halloween Time at Disneyland will run from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1

Deadman

According to the LA Times, Disneyland has confirmed that a haunted “Ghost Galaxy” style makeover is coming to Space Mountain this fall along with a new fireworks show. You can see it running from September 25th though to at least November 1st. Speaking of new special effects... I’ve heard that Disney is running the new Fantasmic dragon through it’s paces and hopes to have it in the show before the end of the month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom