Halloween Party and Octoberfest

bb5953

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some planning and was hoping you all could answer two questions for me.

The Mickey Halloween Party - I'm assumig you must buy seperate tickets and that our regular tickets won't be enough.

Octoberfest - Does Epcot do anything special for Octoberfest?

Thanks!!

LilSuzy

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party are seperate tickets, I'd get those right away....dates will start selling out. I know those tickets let you in from 4pm - 12am (The party starts at 7pm) This will be our first year so I'm excited to see the festivites :)

Oktoberfest....not really sure about though. I know there is a show in Germany. Sorry I don't know too much about that. Maybe someone here does :wave:

Upvote 0

mrsdanalind

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some planning and was hoping you all could answer two questions for me.

The Mickey Halloween Party - I'm assumig you must buy seperate tickets and that our regular tickets won't be enough.

Thanks!!

I'm not completely sure but I would check with Germany in the World Show case and see if they are doing anything special for Octoberfest. As for the MNSSHP I haven't done that, but I have done the MVMCP and love it.
hope this helps.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Hi everyone!

Thanks!!

You are correct about the Halloween Party. Epcot doesn't really do much for Oktoberfest because the restaurant is always celebrating it. The idea behind Biergarten is that whenever you visit the restaurant it is supposed to be the time of year for Oktoberfest.

Upvote 0

Figment73

Biergarten celebrates Octoberfest everyday. We love to eat there. such a fun enviroment. As for any other type of celebration i'm not really sure. I would just check with the country itself in World Showcase

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

You are correct about the Halloween Party. Epcot doesn't really do much for Oktoberfest because the restaurant is always celebrating it. The idea behind Biergarten is that whenever you visit the restaurant it is supposed to be the time of year for Oktoberfest.

The only problem is you will not find most of what they show at EPCOT's Biergarten at the real Oktoberfest. :D

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We were there in October and did not see anything special for Oktoberfest although as the previous poster points out, the Biergarten feels like Oktoberfest everyday. However, the Food & Wine Festival is going on in Epcot in October, and that's lots of fun!
:slurp:

Upvote 0
I don't know anything about the Oktoberfest....sorry I am no help.

I have been to the MNSSHP twice and I will do it each time I am there at that time of the year. Usually I would think that being at WDW is enough, there is enough entertainment without this....but.....DO IT! You won't be disappointed. I just loved the atmosphere, the parade...and I'm not even a "parade person." You do have to get your tickets separately. I'd advise to call and order them now...but I have also had good luck on getting them while I was there and decided to go again. They cost a little bit more but it was worth it as the night I was planning to go and decided against pre-ordering them for, it rained so hard I was so glad I wasn't there for that!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

What happens at MNSSHP if it rains? I'm assuming no meet and greets, no parade, no Villains Mix and Mingle? Has anyone dealt with this before?

I've heard that everything still goes on as planned unless the rain is so severe as to affect safety (i.e., the headless horseman may not lead off the parade on horseback at a gallop on slippery ground).

Upvote 0

a2grafix

I've heard that everything still goes on as planned unless the rain is so severe as to affect safety (i.e., the headless horseman may not lead off the parade on horseback at a gallop on slippery ground).

Yes, that is correct. I attended MNSSHP in October 2007 and it rained for most of the afternoon and half the evening for the party. There were a few downpours, some steady rain, and a light drizzle.

For safety reasons, the headless horseman does not ride the parade grounds but I do remember that by the first parade (there are 2) and the fireworks, the rain had subsided.

Everything was operating and all the characters were out.

Plan ahead, take it in stride and good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom