Halloween merch out at World of Disney already.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
This is Halloween.
Ten weeks of Halloween.
Halloween, Halloween.
Halloween, Halloween.
20130816_095756(0).jpg
20130816_095745.jpg
20130816_095709.jpg
20130816_095700.jpg
20130816_095638.jpg
20130816_095629.jpg
20130816_095610.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
"back to school" time just finished here in South Dakota...I can assume I will find Halloween candy at the grocery stores in the next few days if it's not out already...

JimboJones123

Original Poster
No it's not. It's bloody hot down here. This time of year has our highest temperatures and highest humidity. The "nice time to go" doesn't begin until mid October.

Anyway. August is a bit early. I'm fine with Sept 1...but it's Aug 15... :confused:
By late Sept lows start getting down to the mid to low 60s.

The heat and humidity are not too bad right now. 116 Real Feel.... Meh....

dreamfinder

Local party supply stores are getting their aisles in place for Halloween costumes and the pop-up stores are hiring as well. Its the general trend of retail.

Heck, we had places doing back to school sales 2 weeks after school let out for the year.

nytimez

I don't have a problem with this. This is a little different from when your local Wally World brings out holiday merch months too early. Most people who visit WDW aren't coming back every month - so this is their chance to buy something to use to decorate their home (hopefully at the appropriate time).

JimboJones123

Original Poster
If it did not sell, it would not be there. This is part of letting the market decide. Every year everyone complains that the stores start holidays too soon, yet the demand forces stores to start earlier and earlier.

You cannot seriously blame stores for fulfilling a public desire, can you?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I don't have a problem with this. This is a little different from when your local Wally World brings out holiday merch months too early. Most people who visit WDW aren't coming back every month - so this is their chance to buy something to use to decorate their home (hopefully at the appropriate time).
Plus, it also markets WDW as a holiday destination for those families to concider in coming years as well.

nytimez

Plus, it also markets WDW as a holiday destination for those families to concider in coming years as well.

I used to buy a Christmas decoration every year in WDW, no matter what time of year I visited. Used to, but don't now because the decorations pretty much suck.

So, I can't hold it against anyone for buying a Halloween decoration two months early... and I certainly can't hold it against Disney for selling it.

bebert

No it's not. It's bloody hot down here. This time of year has our highest temperatures and highest humidity. The "nice time to go" doesn't begin until mid October.

Anyway. August is a bit early. I'm fine with Sept 1...but it's Aug 15... :confused:

That is what I really meant, October is perfect weather (barring any hurricanes). I dont know if you could pay me enough money to be there from July to Mid-Sept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom