Halloween in Disney

mwoates

Hi Everyone, Quick question that I cannot seem to find the answer to and was hoping you could help. We will be staying at the Beach Club villas on Halloween this year with our two daughters age 8 and 6...We do NOT want to attend Mickey's Halloween event but were hoping to do some trick or treating around the world somehow? Does anybody know if the resorts or parks do anything else? Any advice would be appreciated..

dreamfinder

DtD usually does Trick Or Treating on Halloween (and maybe the night before?) No idea how it works, I just have heard of other people doing it. I have also heard it is very busy.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

As dreamfinder posted above, Downtown Disney has offered free trick or treating at a number of the Disney owned/operated shops on October 30th and 31st (last year it was from 5pm to 9pm on both days)

I did a quick search online, but didn't find any details for this year. Hopefully something will be announced soon to confirm it for you!

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

we will be at the beach club also during your stay. We will be there the 29th thru the 4th. We have an almost 5 year old daughter, but we will be going to the MNSSHP on Halloween night.

Upvote 0

mwoates

Original Poster
I called the resort directly and they couldn't provide any details either! Looking online last year it looked like Boardwalk also did trick or treating and a craft.

Upvote 0

corey154

Last year we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and the day of Halloween they offered activities by the pool and trick or treating in the resort, we did that before we went to MNSSHP. The night before we went to DTD trick-or-treating, it was packed but we expected it to be and we had fun!

Upvote 0

durangojim

Not trying to give you a hard time at all, but is there a specific reason you don't want to do the Halloween party? Many here, including myself think it's awesome for both kids and adults, and you do get to trick or treat around the park.

Upvote 0

paul436

Not trying to give you a hard time at all, but is there a specific reason you don't want to do the Halloween party? Many here, including myself think it's awesome for both kids and adults, and you do get to trick or treat around the park.
I agree. Unless there is a compelling reason not to go (and there could be a very valid reason not to go), the Halloween Party is great. I went when my kids were DS 9, DD 7, DD 4 and they had a great time. And so did we.:)

Upvote 0

enoe01

We will also be in WDW at Coronado and cousins at Boardwalk. We have done MNSSHP numerous times and are opting out of it this year as well. There will be a DJ and trick or treating at all the resorts and DTD from what I know. We decided to do something a little different this year for Halloween. MAybe we will see some fellow WDWMagic members at the Boardwalk this year. We will be there 10/29-11/2

Boo To You
Erik

Upvote 0

mwoates

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the responses! I knew this was the right place to ask the question. The reason I don't want to do the MSSHP is that I have read very mixed reviews on it, leaning towards the negatives. The additional cost is a factor and I am not a big fan of big crowds. We are looking for a big of a quieter experience but ones the kids would enjoy!

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

I am sure there are negatives and positives to the party. But make the best of it. I understand if its a budget thing, but we have been to the halloween and the christmas party both are good but the Halloween one is our favorite. From seeing the headless horseman to the boo to you parade to the the vilian show to the fireworks. My daughter who will just be shy of 5 years old when we go is so looking forward to it.

As far as crowds go its less crowded than a busy day at the park. While we have never been on halloween, we have been to sold out parties before. While mainstreet was crowded as usual. It seems that people choose to go different routes with the party, some use it for shorter lines on the rides, others for the meet and greets, and some for the parade and others just for the candy.. So it really seperates nicely.

To each their own, but sounds like you want to do something special for your kids on Halloween, and everything else seems iffy, as to not sure whats going be happening. Why not go for the sure thing, plus not many kids can say they trick or treated in the Magic Kingdom on Halloween.

Good luck in your choice and enjoy your trip. I am sure we will pass each other at the hotel or by the pool as we are there the same time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom