Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

Tom Morrow

We had a great time this year, despite hearing from many regulars that they felt a bit disappointed, compared to their experience last year.

Thinking ahead to next year...I'd LOVE to see a Stranger Things house!:D
To be fair, people say this literally every year. I think most of it really just depends on the night you go.

And yes, I feel like a Stranger Things house or scare zone is inevitable.

Figment82

We had a great time this year, despite hearing from many regulars that they felt a bit disappointed, compared to their experience last year.

Thinking ahead to next year...I'd LOVE to see a Stranger Things house!:D

I’ve never been to HHN as I’m not really into the horror genre, and people jumping out at you. BUT I told my husband that if they ever make a Stranger Things house, I’m totally in! I can just imagine all the awesome scenes they could recreate.

champdisney

A Stranger Things presence at HHN would be like striking gold for Universal. I can see it as a good thing at first but then I worry that they would capitalize on it like they did with TWD and what they’re currently doing with AHS.

raven

My ranking of the houses:
1. Scarecrow
2. Dead Waters
3. American Horror Story
4. Hive
5. The Fallen
6. Ash Vs. Evil Dead
7. The Shining
8. Saw
9. Blumhouse
Nice to see you ranked our house above Shining! We weren't the scariest but we made sure our guests had a great time! :)

The last night of HHN this year was by far the busiest of the season, unlike last year. Possibly due to the final Bill & Ted show but also because Team Members could bring someone for free as well. We ended up with a 95 minute wait at one point when most of the season we never got about 20 minutes. Several house fans all waited to be among the last guests through our house as well but then we also made one last pass at the end of the night with the cast and operations crew. It was a long 35 days (I worked all of them) but I'm happy to have been involved.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Nice to see you ranked our house above Shining! We weren't the scariest but we made sure our guests had a great time! :)

The last night of HHN this year was by far the busiest of the season, unlike last year. Possibly due to the final Bill & Ted show but also because Team Members could bring someone for free as well. We ended up with a 95 minute wait at one point when most of the season we never got about 20 minutes. Several house fans all waited to be among the last guests through our house as well but then we also made one last pass at the end of the night with the cast and operations crew. It was a long 35 days (I worked all of them) but I'm happy to have been involved.

Glad you enjoyed it. Any idea when the final Bill and Ted Show will hit youtube this year?

JoeCamel

I saw ops pounce on several people trying to film it. It was one for the ages though, so hopefully someone was extra sneaky.
Universal said they would make it available next year. They did record it. Time will tell once the edit is done but look for it on the UOAP FB page

Eta: Mike A says no vid will be made but........

Last edited:

raven

Glad you enjoyed it. Any idea when the final Bill and Ted Show will hit youtube this year?
Never got to see the show, even though I know one of the writers and performers. The final 1:30am show was for Team Members only, which had to be reserved, but I worked til 2:30am (actually 3:30am) tearing down our queue and moving a hundred barricades in backstage areas. But I can't wait to see a recording either!

mergatroid

Original Poster
Thanks!

I'm pretty bummed I never got to see them live. Maybe when all the construction is done in a few years they'll have a reunion tour.

No worries, there's usually better copies than that that eventually surface. We'll really miss it now it's gone, me pretending to not notice the sexy ladies dancing whilst Mrs Mergatroid did the same over the sexy men ;)

The_Jobu

No worries, there's usually better copies than that that eventually surface. We'll really miss it now it's gone, me pretending to not notice the sexy ladies dancing whilst Mrs Mergatroid did the same over the sexy men ;)

It's equal opportunity oogiling for the whole family!

That Moana bit...:hilarious:

macefamily

This past year was our first visit to HHN. I'm a big fan of the Halloween season, but our family usually schedules our Florida visit in December. We got to visit in September, October, and December this past year because my daughter was working the Disney College Program so all of our Disney tickets were freebies. I fell in love with HHN. My 70 yr old mom was with us and she raved about The Shining house. I'm trying to convince the family that we reschedule our FL trip to September or October so we can do HHN again. Has HHN ever did a Jeepers Creepers house ? That would be a stone cold lock for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom