Halloween 2020 at the Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This year's theme: Ghost Town
Today

PotDDSC0951020200818.jpg

Animaniac93-98

I don’t get it. What’s the point?? Can’t wear it anywhere. With reduced park hours and half the restaurants are closed and no MNSSHP, what’s the point?? How can you even celebrate Halloween like this??

People can wear/use it at home, the merch has a short shelf life due to its seasonal nature, and it was likely already made by the time Disney decided to cancel all Halloween parties.

Might as well sell what they can.

zengoth

Besides it being a tad warm for Halloween focus this week, i’m sure a lot of fans appreciate the comforting ritual.

Seeing all the Flower / Garden merch piled up at Epcot this weekend was (yet) another reminder of how much $$$ disney has to pass up this year. Will they use the same merch next spring i wonder?

Tmeaux30

Original Poster
They need the cash. Merchandise sitting on shelves ( and in warehouses) costs money. The quicker the turn over, the higher the profit margin.

This was an issue even prior to the pandemic. This only happens with limited edition of special merch that they would have absolutely no problem selling without the pirates. Normal park guests always have an extremely hard time getting it because of the pirates buy it all up to sell at inflated prices. The same thing happens on Shop Disney website with the bots. If there was enough merch for everyone including the pirates that would be one thing, but because of these people it’s always hard to get new or limited things. The merch would sell either way. Disney knows how popular some of there merch is at release and never seem to make enough. These pirates are the same people though that are trying to sell their Aunt Jemima syrup on Facebook marketplace for $300 a bottle.SMH 😡

Last edited:

Tmeaux30

Original Poster
Besides it being a tad warm for Halloween focus this week, i’m sure a lot of fans appreciate the comforting ritual.

Seeing all the Flower / Garden merch piled up at Epcot this weekend was (yet) another reminder of how much $$$ disney has to pass up this year. Will they use the same merch next spring i wonder?

With the craziness going on in the world it is nice to see some sense of normalcy with anything no matter how big or small. We might not have the Halloween parties this year but seeing the park decorated for Halloween or even Christmas will give people the comforting feeling of a normal life. At this point it’s almost certain the Christmas parties will not happen this year either.

My personal opinion is they should do something like Busch Gardens is doing for Halloween this year with a scaled back version of Howl-o-Screams with a lower priced ticket with some offerings. Disney needs more tickets sold versus annual passholders in the park to make money. Im sure a lot of people would be willing to purchase lower priced Halloween tickets for an after hours event that has ride overlays, lights and music on Main Street, costumes allowed, Halloween cavalcades, and trick or treat candy stations. Disney would have full control over capacity and every single person inside would have paid for a ticket versus 50% passholders on a normal day. Just my thoughts...

DisneyDebRob

With the craziness going on in the world it is nice to see some sense of normalcy with anything no matter how big or small. We might not have the Halloween parties this year but seeing the park decorated for Halloween or even Christmas will give people the comforting feeling of a normal life. At this point it’s almost certain the Christmas parties will not happen this year either.

My personal opinion is they should do something like Busch Gardens is doing for Halloween this year with a scaled back version of Howl-o-Screams with a lower priced ticket with some offerings. Disney needs more tickets sold versus annual passholders in the park to make money. Im sure a lot of people would be willing to purchase lower priced Halloween tickets for an after hours event that has ride overlays, lights and music on Main Street, costumes allowed, Halloween cavalcades, and trick or treat candy stations. Disney would have full control over capacity and every single person inside would have paid for a ticket versus 50% passholders on a normal day. Just my thoughts...
Half price tickets won’t work if they still need a large amount of CM’s. They need high priced tickets with huge parties to make their money. Unfortunately they can’t do that right now so keeping it cancelled for them is the way to go. Not saying cheap ticket prices for a after hour party with no one at the park wouldn’t be fun.

champdisney

Riding something like It's a Small World or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin while tripping out must be a lot of fun.
I picture it looking like a madman’s dream. Over the top anxiety. Then again, it depends how the person takes the trip.

7 years ago, before entering the Magic Kingdom. I ate a cupcake (my friends and I made for the trip) topped with chocolate frosting that contained heavy amounts of THC (we cooked it in the oil and mixed it in with the chocolate). It took about 20 minutes to take effect and the first thing we did at the park that morning was The Laugh Floor. Although, it might have not been all that funny to the sane viewer, it was one of the most hilarious times I have experienced with that show. Since then, I have hardly found the show funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom