Hall of Presidents: Technical Questions

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They've got months to figure out how to shuffle the former Presidents around . I would guess that they have some standard sizes for each model type. I know at Disney likes to heavily recycle these figures. For example: The two goosedroids in Star Tours used to be geese in America Sings. The pirate who used to try pulling the treasure up the hill at the end of POTC used to be pulling a donkey in World of Motion at Epcot. Most of the animals in Splash Mountain used to "work" in America Sings. Some of the animals on Big Thunder were once on the Mine Train Thru Natures Wonderland and occasionally Disney will turn on the jumping fish effects in the lake left over from Nature's Wonderland.

So Its going to be dependent on what the Imagineers determine what Donald Trumps "signature move" consists of.. how many arm waves, smirks, smiles etc.

Last edited:

Disney.Mike

Disney is going to have to rearrange everything to make room for Hillary. It goes without saying, that as the first female President of the United States that she will need a brand new animatronic with a female body and totally flawless hair & make up.

This should be really exciting for the animatronic team and they are going to have to pay very close attention to the details like makeup, earrings, jewelry and polished, manicured nails, etc. I totally want her in heels (please Disney - no flat loafers) and that red pant suit she wore the other night really stands out, even though I prefer skirts and dresses.

:D:D:D:D:D

yellowrocket

Hi Everyone!

I have some technical questions...

From the way I understand it, they've just swapped out the articulated head. For example, the current Audio-Animatronic President Bill Clinton and President George W. Bush no longer have the functionality to talk and move like they did when they were originally added. I don't believe the current Presidential-AA has "compliance" like Abe Lincoln (DL), Wicked Witch (DHS), or the Yeti had. But, if they keep the current President talking on the cheap, they could reuse an old model from Horizons or World of Motion. I'm sure there are some of those in storage that would fit Trump's body type.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

SO!!!! Where getting a new president, 4-8 years the come and go and all leave their mark whether it's for better or for worse, where still Americans, a place where we're in charge and get to pick who governs this country. This is going to be a complicated task for the imagineers, the hair is going to be impossible.

Cowboy Steve

That being said however it will be interesting to see who does the narration should Trump win. Morgan Freeman has been a very active member of the Clinton and Obama campaigns, even introducing Hillary at the DNC. I find it hard to believe that he will want to introduce a President Trump. I could be wrong but I expect a change in that situation.
That is an excellent question! I love Morgan Freeman's voice, and believe he is without a doubt one of the best narrators in the business. But if his political beliefs prevent him from doing a narration involving D Trump, there are plenty of conservitive leaning orators. I vote for Sam Elliott - another phenominal narrator and on par with Morgan. Mike Row also has an incredible voice and rhythm to his narrating. Too bad Charlton Heston has passed... he was right there with Freeman as far as being the very best.

There was a meme going around that said the ultimate manly way to die was to be killed by Clint Eastwood while being narrated by Morgan Freeman... lol

Baloo68

That is an excellent question! I love Morgan Freeman's voice, and believe he is without a doubt one of the best narrators in the business. But if his political beliefs prevent him from doing a narration involving D Trump, there are plenty of conservitive leaning orators. I vote for Sam Elliott - another phenominal narrator and on par with Morgan. Mike Row also has an incredible voice and rhythm to his narrating. Too bad Charlton Heston has passed... he was right there with Freeman as far as being the very best.

There was a meme going around that said the ultimate manly way to die was to be killed by Clint Eastwood while being narrated by Morgan Freeman... lol

Sam Elliot would be phenomenal

Chef Mickey

This is just a guess, but I honestly think it will be easier for them from a technical perspective to portray Mr. Trump and his male frame and look is probably easier to execute than Clinton. My guess is they will make the Trump piece somewhat short and sweet, generic, and very positive.

Phonedave

This is just a guess, but I honestly think it will be easier for them from a technical perspective to portray Mr. Trump and his male frame and look is probably easier to execute than Clinton. My guess is they will make the Trump piece somewhat short and sweet, generic, and very positive.

Does teh president get to approve the speech they will be using. Clealy the older (ie. deceased) presidents did not do so, but for current presidents, Does Disney do any sort of vetting process?

I know that Disney, in the end, can do whatever it wants, but do they at least run it by the President first?

-dave

NYwdwfan

Does teh president get to approve the speech they will be using. Clealy the older (ie. deceased) presidents did not do so, but for current presidents, Does Disney do any sort of vetting process?

I know that Disney, in the end, can do whatever it wants, but do they at least run it by the President first?

-dave
Wouldn't the President have to in order to record it?

Phonedave

That is if the President records it. There are plenty of voice actors out there. IF for some reason, the President (any President) decided to tell Disney that they did not want to do it, would Disney go off and do their own thing?

-dave

NYwdwfan

That is if the President records it. There are plenty of voice actors out there. IF for some reason, the President (any President) decided to tell Disney that they did not want to do it, would Disney go off and do their own thing?

-dave
Gotcha. I don't know - but if I had to guess - I would think they would just not have them speak. To me it would be strange to have a voice actor speak for a living President.

Phonedave

Gotcha. I don't know - but if I had to guess - I would think they would just not have them speak. To me it would be strange to have a voice actor speak for a living President.

Actually, I'm not sure what the process is at all. Does Disney work with the President's speech writer? Do they come up with a draft on their own to present to the President? What sort of coaching does the President get when delivering the speech (It's not like a live speech, since its recorded they have the ability to re-do it if they want). I wonder just how much input WDW receives from the White House while creating the attraction. Is the White House involved in the process, or do they just sort of give a final "OK" to it all?

-dave

NYwdwfan

Actually, I'm not sure what the process is at all. Does Disney work with the President's speech writer? Do they come up with a draft on their own to present to the President? What sort of coaching does the President get when delivering the speech (It's not like a live speech, since its recorded they have the ability to re-do it if they want). I wonder just how much input WDW receives from the White House while creating the attraction. Is the White House involved in the process, or do they just sort of give a final "OK" to it all?

-dave
I found a clip on youtube from when President Obama recorded his speech - I remember seeing this on a TV special at one point. It's pretty cool.

Goofyernmost

Sure he can refuse the script. However, if Disney decides that whatever changes he made are not in keeping with the spirit of the show, they can turn him into a non-speaking part. Hopefully, Presidential power isn't infinite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom