Hall of Presidents Rehab?

I like the Hall of Presidents but I'll like it even more come January 04 when it does indeed go down for rehab to place the new president.

kerrybanner.jpg

wdwforus

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
Leaving politics out of it, this is an exhibit that could close and few under the age of 60 would mind. The novelty of audio-animatronics that look like real people is long gone and HOP is the last thing my 11 and 14 year old want to do in the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think the Iraq war or the Clinton White House have anything to do with this attraction's lack of appeal. It is just boring.

My 9 year old daughter cant wait to see this when we return in Dec of 2005. She has mentined it numerous times and I think it is very important to keep this attraction open. It honors what this country stands for and and pays respect to the men who have earned it. Whether or not you agree with their administration has nothing to do with it. Each one of the men up there has a special place in world history and its an excellent way for everyone to view it.

General Grizz

I don't want to be a false-fake moderator guy here (because that's not my job), but there is a high politic alert level on this thread!!!

:lookaroun

SAVE THE THREAD!! :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Well, since this thread is going down the tubes for all the politics so far (not excluding the defamation of the thread with the bumper sticker), I'll post my "opinion".

Hall of Presidents is a classic (not that Disney has any respect for classics), and should be left alone. It's a tradition. Just becase [less than 40% of] Americans think we have a "failing government" right now is NO reason to close an attraction. The attraction has NOTHING to do with politics, and it's pretty ignorant to presume that Disney would close an attraction because some people disagree with our current President.

If that was the case, I would have burnt that Attraction down during the PREVIOUS 2 terms! :lol:

TownSquareSteve

HoP Closing???

Hey all,

Thought it was about time I weighed in on this thread. Yes, the HoP is not the most exciting attraction, it was never ment to be though. The HoP serves the purpose of education by bringing our history to life. Where else in the world can you see every president as a true-to-life figure instead of seeing them in some portrait. If the HoP closes this fall it will only be a refurbishment and/or to add a new prez (If Kerry is elected). I worked right after Bush got elected and shortly there after HoP went down to add the new Pres. The do this so they can have the attraction up and running again by the swearing in. As far as closing the HoP, I don't forsee that happening in at least the near future. See, one way they figure out park capacity is by what attractions are up and running. Cutting another attraction out of MK before new ones (and old ones that are being refurbished) are online will cut down on park capacity. There are just too many attractions getting worked on right now (let alone the ones that usually close during the fall for refurbs) to close another one. Too many people want only e-ticket rides and forget the purpose of older attractions such as HoP and CoP. These rides are always in talks about closing and in the instance of CoP it has become only a seasonal ride. These attractions are what make Disney different. It's the little things and smaller attractions that allow us to make a full day at MK, rather then just riding the mountains, HM, PotC and JC. I like that fact that there are attractions like HoP so you can relax a little, get out of the sun and still be entertained (even if just a little). These attractions help make Disney, Disney!!! One other big reason that HoP needs to stay is that Liberty Square is not the most "happening" land as it is (HM excluded) and needs to keep this attraction at least until Stich opens, IASW re-opens, they have a good start on what is going to replace 20000L and they have a plan to revamp Liberty Square. Just remember if you close too many rides at once, all of a sudden the park can't hold as many people, waits go up and the complaints start rollin' in!!! We should keep HoP for the educational value, not because of the pure mind-blwing excitement that it creates:rolleyes: :lol: It's an attraction that many people love and i promise that it (and its AC) will be missed on the days when the mountains are at 2 hr waits and its 100 degrees outside. Long Live the HoP!!!!

~Steve~

raven

My September 2002 visit was the first time that I had experienced HOP. I was kinda excited to go because during all of my other trips it had been closed.

Well, I was a little disapointed. It was rather (sorry guys) boring to me. I was expecting it to be so wonderful as everyone was saying but I just didn't see what was the big deal. Maybe this was because other attractions have surpassed it.

So whether is goes or stay doesn't make a difference to me.

imagineer99

Personally, Hall of Presidents is on my top ten attraction list.

I love it! (That's coming from a "thrill-obsessed" 18 year old teenager):)

imagineer99

There is something so amazingly fascinating by the Hall of Presidents.

Great music, it is wonderfully written, edited, and narrated. Not to mention the detail that each animatronic contains. Whether it be that one of the presidents scribbles soemthing in the background on a quill pen, or that they acknowledge their name by addressing the crowd.

Disney Magic at its best!:)

maxime29

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HOP is a standing attraction? (sorry a little brain dead at the moment) If so, I'm surprised no one has complaned about standing yet :D

GrumpysGal

No, its not a standing attraction. Its a huge auditorium with plenty of seats. Only the wait room is standing only. But it has interesting paintings and other things that keep you entertained. But I still sit and wait on the floor. lol

No, but seriously...I LOVE HOP! It always gives me the goose bumps because I am so fascinated by it. I have a strong sense for American History and it brings the presidents to life for me. It's a brilliant concept and should be preserved forever.

wdwjames79

True the hall of presidents may be boring to some, but is an amazing piece of work. I must admit from the age of 3 to about 16, the only appealing quality was getting out of the scorching summer heat. However, the sculptur did an impressive job and closing this attraction would cause a lot of controversy.

jt03

"Public opinion is waning terribly and Disney wants its parks to remain politically neutral and it doesnt want to offend anyone.

Any reaction to this??"

Yeah, you are either clueless or engaging in a transparent political agenda. I know it is the later. I know it is an election year but can't we keep this site a "political hack free zone". Thanks for your time.

hoppypooh

I thought the AA's were amazing in HOP! In fact, it took my husband more than 10 minutes to realize they were AA's - he thought they were real actors!

As someone else previously mentioned, the AA details are astounding - particularly for someone who has never been exposed to AA's before.

In any case, as a non-American, I didn't find that HOP was political - but rather a loving recreation of American history
brought to life. Much like the American Adventure, HOP displays the best of America, while acknowledging the conflicts and struggles it took to get there.

And Grizz - I agree... the music is very moving!

Nansafan

I'm a history buff and love it. I see something different each time we visit. When my son was young, HOP offered a respite from the Florida sun, and gave him a time to nap in the AC. Now he's 17 and his mother's son (a history buff). We visit HOP and AA because he wants to. Long live HOP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom