News Hall of Presidents Closing Briefly Mid-June 2024

Comped

Side note, but related given the timing is only a few months prior to the election - do we think Trump/Biden will get new speeches if they win? They could keep reusing the old/current speeches, respectively, but I wonder if it's an option. Would be nice to see Trump's AA get a little love at least, it barely looks like him...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Side note, but related given the timing is only a few months prior to the election - do we think Trump/Biden will get new speeches if they win? They could keep reusing the old/current speeches, respectively, but I wonder if it's an option. Would be nice to see Trump's AA get a little love at least, it barely looks like him...
I would expect no changes if the current president gets a second term, and if there is a new president, I would expect an update.

TheRealSkull

Might just want to put some IP in it and get it over with 😬
Honestly not hard to imagine at this point.
real-estate-magnate-donald-trump-and-fiance-marla-maples-greet-mickey-and-minnie-mouse-during-...jpg

TheIceBaron

I think they would want to avoid any sort of negative headline either way. Which totally axing the show might bring. I could see them gradually diminishing any sitting President’s influence on the show and eventually not even have them speak.

I could also see them simply putting in a Muppet rendition of American history and calling it a day, as it wouldn’t need to be updated that often. Especially if they are going to eventually bulldoze Muppet Courtyard at DHS.

Bocabear

I love that show....and when they redid the Washington and Lincoln figures years ago, they seemed to spend more time on those two each doing a speech then the current sitting president... Perhaps it's time to just have Washington and Lincoln as the two speaking presidents...the other can just nod when they are introduced....until a time comes when the world is a little less politically charged.....

Lilofan

I saw an old video where WDW cast went to DC to meet with Obama when he recorded his speech for HOP. I think he used the same speech for 8 years as POTUS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom