H>S> Musical

brisem

Original Poster
Just posted an article about High School Musical which was on the Forbes biz line this morning, in the movie section thread

Thought the last line of the article was interesting:

Could a High School Musical theme park attraction be next? Company officials are not ruling it out. "We're looking at every creative option,'' confirms Ross.

What type of attraction could that be?

ok i havent seen this movie but from what ive heard, isnt this just a rip-off of grease? i am absolutely astounded as to why this movie has become so popular

Skippy

What!?
I don't think I could stand anything of the sort, I know the movie is popular with a certain crowd, but I watched about a half hour of it, and personally couldn't stand it. so annoying and overly fake, but i suppose most of the Disney channel movies are like that, minus the annoying depending on the person watching it.

Ciciwoowoo

I just saw it this weekend. Yes, it is Grease, but the kids today need their own version.

I could see this becoming a stage show for sure. And if it was, it would be SWARMED by a ton of kids. Also, great potential for selling stuff.

Chape19714

I would hope if they do anything, it will be a live stage show. Even if it was just a weekend and holiday event, so they could have people that are actually the correct age playing the parts 16-18, unless they are 20 and look 16, which will probally be the case. I would like to see it fill the Superstar TV theatre. It sits empty and MGM would be the best park for both theming and the age they are aiming for.

justducky78

brisem said:
Just posted an article about High School Musical which was on the Forbes biz line this morning, in the movie section thread

Thought the last line of the article was interesting:

Could a High School Musical theme park attraction be next? Company officials are not ruling it out. "We're looking at every creative option,'' confirms Ross.

What type of attraction could that be?

I really hope not...:hammer:

ToTBellHop

The movie itself is nothing fantastic, but I personally do like the music--so a stage show would work. They are making a HSM2 so maybe the show could coincide w/ that.

cbr_princess

Yes, its Grease and, as much as I hate to admit, the music is annoyingly catchy. I agree it is better fit as a stage show (though I was a huge fan of THOND!) than as an attraction. Age-wise, it would be best suited to Disney-MGM. That said, this movie has too much fad-potential. Probably not worth the money to mount a live production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom