Guided fishing- need advice

princessmommy

booking a guided fishing excursion as a surprise.
We are staying at POFQ. I like the idea and convenience of being picked up right there and fishing there. However, if you think or have experience getting bigger fish on 7 seas lagoon or crescent lake- I wouldn't be opposed to cabbing over to another location.
Any experienced fishermen/women out there care to weigh in?
Where would you fish?

We have fished both 7 Seas Lagoon / Bay Lake (3x) and Crecent Lake / Epcot (1x). I'm told the biggest fish are in Bay Lake. In our experience, they are about the same. My son did, however, catch an 8 pounder on Epcot Lake, about a stones throw from The American Adventure. I've never fished at POFQ, so I don't know what its like there. No matter what you decide, you will have a great time.

Upvote 0

SAV

I tried to find it on-line, but what is the cost of an excursion? Very interested for our next trip.

@Magnolia Mickey - What's the average size and number of fish you have caught on an excursion?

Upvote 0
@SAV - Unless it has changed, the price is $270 for a two hour (5 person) trip. Most of the fish were between one and two pounds. We have always caught at least three or four per person--sometimes as many as six or seven. Of course, some fish are bigger and a few are also smaller. I've had a different guide every time, and each one had done a good job.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I've done the fishing excursion twice both on 7 seas lagoon and bay lake. I would recommend these locations as you get a different perspective of that area. Nothing like being anchored near the landing at MK and catching fish after fish while jealous onlookers watch.

Upvote 0

SAV

I did a little bit of research and just like with accommodations, you can find a better value off-site. There are numerous guides that offer 4 hours of fishing for $275 dollars and on lakes that produce larger fish. I can catch 1-2 pounders all day long up here. I want to go to Florida to catch the big bass. Yes, you aren't fishing with SSE or Space Mountain in the background, but I'm going for the Hawg's.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

In 2004 I took the guided fishing out of POR. We fished down the river to Downtown Disney with no fish caught. We started fishing around the dock right outside Rain Forest cafe and picked up a few small largemouth bass. Went around the corner to were the new boat docks are now and wife got a good size bass 3-4 lbs. We had plans to fish 7 sea lagoon but hurricane Jean came in and they got cancelled. In 2008 went out with the grand kids from the Contemporary Hotel. Fished around the docks at GF and were catching bass right away. All were 1-2 lbs but we were catching on almost ever cast. Were using live minnows and everything is catch and release. Moved over to Discovery Island area and fished along a weed line and kept up the non stop action. Still only 1-2 lb bass. The kids liked catching the minnows out of the bait tank as much as fishing. Here are some pictures of the 2008 trip. Notice the Contemporary hotel in back ground.

Attachments

• Disney 2008D 061.jpg
    Disney 2008D 061.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Disney 2008D 069.jpg
    Disney 2008D 069.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Disney 2008D 063.jpg
    Disney 2008D 063.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Disney 2008D 111.jpg
    Disney 2008D 111.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Disney 2008D 126.jpg
    Disney 2008D 126.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom