Rumor Guest temp check at bag check?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I saw yesterday that Bob Iger suggested that maybe there will be temp checks at bag check.

I wouldn't be opposed to it however... I started thinking aobut it and couldn't there be a lot of false positive fevers especially in the summer?
Sweat rolls down my back between my room and the bus and my skin often feels hot to the touch in the summer.
I also wear a baseball cap which i'm guessing makes my forehead hot.
I never really thought aobut how this could effect what my temp says but I wonder if it would be high just from being hot.

rangerbob

I saw it the other weekend. I was at a farmers market and they were spot checking people. I was out in full sun when they decided to check me. I told them that I"m in direct sunlight. They said I was a 99.7 at the time, lets move into the shade. They waited about a minute and took it again and it was back to normal. I would presume that since you will be indoors you would be normal by the time you checkin.

TrainsOfDisney

I saw it the other weekend. I was at a farmers market and they were spot checking people. I was out in full sun when they decided to check me. I told them that I"m in direct sunlight. They said I was a 99.7 at the time, lets move into the shade. They waited about a minute and took it again and it was back to normal. I would presume that since you will be indoors you would be normal by the time you checkin.

99.7 should not be considered a fever.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Will these be rectal temperature checks? I hear those are the most accurate. "Scan your finger and drop your pants. Have a magical day!"

oh you mean the same feeling we get when we see our credit card statement after a disney trip just at the turnstiles daily now?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Has it been said these temp checks would be done indoors?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw yesterday that Bob Iger suggested that maybe there will be temp checks at bag check.

I wouldn't be opposed to it however... I started thinking aobut it and couldn't there be a lot of false positive fevers especially in the summer?
Sweat rolls down my back between my room and the bus and my skin often feels hot to the touch in the summer.
I also wear a baseball cap which i'm guessing makes my forehead hot.
I never really thought aobut how this could effect what my temp says but I wonder if it would be high just from being hot.
There is a whole discussion on temps. Suffice it to say it has been covered extensively

Did that thread cover how pointless the idea of temp checks are, John?

Because to the OP’s question - that proves nothing. My temp tends to clock on around 97...so a “101” fever on me may shows as 99...aka “normal”

The last time I was in Orlando In August it probably was 113 and I was legally dead.

John park hopper

Did that thread cover how pointless the idea of temp checks are, John?

Because to the OP’s question - that proves nothing. My temp tends to clock on around 97...so a “101” fever on me may shows as 99...aka “normal”

The last time I was in Orlando In August it probably was 113 and I was legally dead.
Surprisingly many thought it was a good idea. Personally IMO it's useless -peoples temps vary widely from the accepted average 98.6 people may not have a fever and still be infectious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom