Guest Relations??

BelleWannaBe77

Member
Original Poster
Hey guys! Does anyone know someone who was in Guest Relations? How hard is it to get that job? Do they have certain things they're looking for? Also, would it be better to audition in person or is it ok to do it over the phone? Thanks!!
 

Blizz

New Member
Advertisement
Guest Relations is a position that is a little harder to get.

You need to move up internally to get it (well, its not that you have to... its just that its almost impossible to get from outside the company)

Its not that it is a higher position, its just that it is a very respected job. I hope to move into it one day because I love working with guests, but as I said, its not an easy job to get.
 

Darwin

New Member
Is that the position that also takes celebrities around the parks? If it is, I talked to one guy that had that job while I was working at the Animal Kingdom and he said he loved with a few minor draw backs. He said some celebs aren't worth it. He and his coworkers refuses to host George Lucas because of his attitude and how freaky his kids are.
 

maelstrom

Well-Known Member
Blizz said:
Guest Relations is a position that is a little harder to get.

You need to move up internally to get it (well, its not that you have to... its just that its almost impossible to get from outside the company)

Its not that it is a higher position, its just that it is a very respected job. I hope to move into it one day because I love working with guests, but as I said, its not an easy job to get.

So what does one have to do in order to move up into GR? What are they looking for?
 

egionet

New Member
A good number of GR jobs are part time, professional internships (all of whom did the regular CP first), or temporary assignments (taken from other locations within the company). There isn't a lot of room to move up within GR, but it certainly looks good when moving up within the company, such as becoming a GSM or something else. Also they certainly do not only work with the celebs. Most are down at City Hall handling guest situations.
 

Blizz

New Member
maelstrom said:
So what does one have to do in order to move up into GR? What are they looking for?

Proven guest experience with WDW. A very positive attitude, leadership ability, and I am sure no points on your record. Since you are the person irate and happy guests will see they want to make sure you can handle any situation and keep the guest happy. As I said, its a very respected position and getting a spot is hard, I guess no one wants to leave the position.

I have heard from some people that being a coordinator and/or front desk helps, but I am not sure what they are looking for. I am sure a partners statue would help. haha
 

Enderikari

Well-Known Member
Darwin said:
He and his coworkers refuses to host George Lucas because of his attitude and how freaky his kids are.

I call Shenanigans on that... George has only had one tour guide for most of his trips to WDW, and she is one of the better cast members I know. George Lucas is a pretty nice guy, so I am told
 

Darwin

New Member
Enderikari said:
I call Shenanigans on that... George has only had one tour guide for most of his trips to WDW, and she is one of the better cast members I know. George Lucas is a pretty nice guy, so I am told
Most likely you are right. I just heard it down the grape vine and you know how stories get tweeked from person to person. I guess if it's not nice don't say it at all right? :zipit: My bad.
 

typhoonguy

New Member
BelleWannaBe77 said:
Hey guys! Does anyone know someone who was in Guest Relations? How hard is it to get that job? Do they have certain things they're looking for? Also, would it be better to audition in person or is it ok to do it over the phone? Thanks!!

Note also that speaking Multiple languages GREATLY improves your chances. But as always with Disney, networking is key.
 
Top Bottom