Guest Relations Requirements

typhoonguy

I'm considering applying at Walt Disney World for a position in Guest Relations. Is this position considered just a "normal" job or is it more on the professional side? Professional meaning if some sort of college degree or certificate is required. Or can I just walk-up and apply with a high school diploma or GED?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Diploma, but some college experience helps, not necessary though.

DisneySaint

As long as you're a CP alum with good status in the company (ignore that whole "desired" qualification thing), you can apply. Remember - professional internships function exactly like the CP does in that you will have no benefits and no seniority building up for the duration of it.

caitlee

i have heard from a few people that guest relations is hired from within the company b/c its a very sought after role and you have to earn it. I have also heard that there are not many spots open for full time guest relations...its very competitive...

Enderikari

Guest Relations - Requires at least 6 months in a role somewhere in the Walt Disney World Resort... Is an interesting mix of the Attractions Line of Business mixed with the Office and Techical Line of Business... Is highly competitive, very difficult to get into, and the pay is on the lower scale of the so-called "professional jobs," but is still considered a park job... it is an hourly position. It does require at least a high school education, but a very large majority of its cast have college degrees... Any other questions?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Quite, but moreso would show your complete lack of knowledge of the whole line of business...
Ouch!

Sorry Jeff, I call them like I see them... unfortunately, many CM's and outsiders looking in share my view :)

Have a magical evening.

pheneix

I think back to my times working in attractions when I made a lost and found run to the front of the park and I saw a sign up sheet posted where management was looking for people to sign up to be "peer advocates" of the Disney Look (i.e. rat out your co-workers for having hair thats too long, among other things). Of the 20 or so people that signed up, only TWO cast members were not from guest relations. Calling them all asskissers is a cruel thing to do, but most of them really do play the part.

There are comperable jobs on the O&T pay scale that do hire in from outside and they have to deal with a lot less stress. Namely Photopass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom