Guest injured on Typhoon Lagoon Attraction

CJR

Is it back open already? It shows it open with the normal park hours on the app, but I know that's not always accurate. It looks like the park reopened today after being closed for cold weather the past few days.

Obobru

Supprised the lawyers have allowed to be reopened. The only time I bothered to ride it I said to my partner I can imagine someone will do something stupid on the checkout conveyor belt as we waited to be processed. Considering how dull and slow the slide is they should look at something else to replace it as I doubt anyone will miss it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a shame...that’s a very nice addition to the park.

I don’t recall the incident...but I can only see one legitimate cause: lack of attention/common sense to machinery.

A problem since the day machinery has been implemented millenia ago

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My mistake I thought he meant the park didn't reopen not the slide. Hopefully they shut the slide for good it's the most boring in the park, it's like sitting on the conveyor belt at a supermarket.

You obviously were never on the prior “family ride”...it was the worst waterslide ever built...the remaining tube slides are pretty bad also.

It was a nice addition...and it’s nice they did anything because their usefulness for water parks had obviously waned.

Kinda looking the horse in the mouth...in essence.

ryguy

After watching the ride video I can't see where his arm would get stuck. It seems like one continuous conveyor belt until the top with the rolling pins. I am assuming thats where it would get stuck?

KBLovedDisney

That’s the question!
aliens1-5ad5062f3037130037462d1c.jpg

Tom Morrow

My mistake I thought he meant the park didn't reopen not the slide. Hopefully they shut the slide for good it's the most boring in the park, it's like sitting on the conveyor belt at a supermarket.
Oh please, it's a really good slide once you get off the conveyor belt. Like, is that the only part you remember? It replaces the need to lug those giant rafts up huge flights of stairs.

tissandtully

Wow, first I heard of this. But I could see how a DEFLATED raft could get caught in the conveyer and take an arm with it, I'd rather not make assumptions about someone following the rules. We usually ride this one at night multiple times in a row, it's a lot of fun and has a really low height requirement.

tissandtully

That stupid parrot is never working when I ride. He must have some serious vacation time.

Do we know anything about the guy yet? I'm assuming there would be fewer jokes if he did lose his arm or other serious injury?
I've seen it working once and this was a few months after opening. I returned a year later and the parrot was shuttered. It's a shame, cause it's a really cool addition. I can imagine being in the elements though takes its toll.

mitchk

I've seen it working once and this was a few months after opening. I returned a year later and the parrot was shuttered. It's a shame, cause it's a really cool addition. I can imagine being in the elements though takes its toll.
In September he was not working the first time I rode it, but when I went back 2 days later he was fully functional...not sure what the issue with him could be ....not like he is some crazy advanced AA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom