Guest Assistance Card

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Can someone clarify something for me?

Does the GAC give "front of the line acess" to just that one person, or to the entire party traveling with that person.

From the way K.Hunter30 first started this thread, I was given the impression that the GAC gives the "disabled" person acess to the front of the line to wait for the rest of the party in the stand by queue. But as I read on, it seems like ALL members traveling with the disabled party gets "front of the line acess". Any clarification?

K.Hunter30, next time your in a Borders skim through Disney's Passport for special needs, from what I've read on other forums, it has some fantastic information for guests traveling to the parks with disabilities and use of the GAC card.
Well, our trip came and went (this is an older thread) and to answer your question, we were all allowed to enter the ride through the disabled entrance/line although my mother was first told she would have to wait for us to get through the standard line.

For some rides, I don't think it really decreased the amount of time my mother had to stand. For example, waiting for BTMRR I'd say we waited probably as long to get on a train as we would have in the regular line. (My mom was in pain the rest of the day :() And they didn't always have a place for her to sit, which was a problem. She didn't need a wheel chair because it felt better on her knees and legs when she walked than when she had to stand still, and because she's a rather proud woman.

It ended up working our for us. I couldn't imagine my mom having to wait the 1.5 hours in the Soarin' line or some others.

Well, our trip came and went (this is an older thread) and to answer your question, we were all allowed to enter the ride through the disabled entrance/line although my mother was first told she would have to wait for us to get through the standard line.

For some rides, I don't think it really decreased the amount of time my mother had to stand. For example, waiting for BTMRR I'd say we waited probably as long to get on a train as we would have in the regular line. (My mom was in pain the rest of the day :() And they didn't always have a place for her to sit, which was a problem. She didn't need a wheel chair because it felt better on her knees and legs when she walked than when she had to stand still, and because she's a rather proud woman.

It ended up working our for us. I couldn't imagine my mom having to wait the 1.5 hours in the Soarin' line or some others.

I'm trying to understand this. What's to prove by having the rest of the party wait in the standard line? So people don't whine about queue jumping? Hey let them try being disabled and have to wait for 2 hours, cause the rest of their group has to wait in line for some sort of show of good faith, for the rest of the people in line.:mad:

RedGear

those people are just plain rude. I always offer my seat to a mother with children or someone who is having problems standing or an elderly person because I know how hard it is to stand on your feet all day when you are not use to it, but I am because i stand on my feet usually 30 hours a week for work (I'm a cashier). I know that disney can be really accomidating for anyone who has a disability. hopefully you dont have any problems. good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom