Guess who got to see the Sea Cabs yesterday???

Seth141

Original Poster
So my friend and I were at the Living Seas as we have been many times. We passed that door....the "authorized" one and our curiosity got the better of us. So we went in and saw another door and when we opened that...VOILA...we saw the SEA CABS still intact with the lights on. It really brought back memories. Here are the pictures:
3438%3A44%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2348%3D49%3B%3D58%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232385865%3C2%3A5ot1lsi

aaah the memories...
3438%3A44%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2348%3D49%3B%3D58%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323858663756ot1lsi

So then we asked another CM about the ride, and she said that although all the cast has been kept in the dark, there are plans currently in the works to rehab the ride with a new format. YAY!!!

Captain Chaos

Well, since the Living Seas is getting a Finding Nemo overlay, I am sure any refurb of the sea cab ride will feature Nemo in some capacity.

Shaman

The Living Seas it turning into the great pavilion it once was...all they need is a new pre-show movie, and the sea cabs...then they would be set...

Lets hope it eventually happens...

DLP Fan

Sorry for my ignorance but what were the Sea Cabs like? I really can not remember ever riding this attraction at The Living Seas. Anyone have video or pictures of the actual ride?

Shaman

DLP Fan said:
Sorry for my ignorance but what were the Sea Cabs like? I really can not remember ever riding this attraction at The Living Seas. Anyone have video or pictures of the actual ride?

If I remember correctly, the 'sea cabs' would take you to Sea Base Alpha after your exited the Hydrolators...it was a short ride through the tanks basically....it was fun, relaxing, and one of the best modes of 'transporting you to another world'....

Wasn't the rumor that Nemo and friends would be added to the ride in the form of some AA scenes or what not?

Laura

Premium Member
DLP Fan said:

I don't remember them at all either! How strange!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
objr said:
If I remember correctly, the 'sea cabs' would take you to Sea Base Alpha after your exited the Hydrolators...it was a short ride through the tanks basically....it was fun, relaxing, and one of the best modes of 'transporting you to another world'....

Wasn't the rumor that Nemo and friends would be added to the ride in the form of some AA scenes or what not?
That was the rumor I heard. I really don't care what they do as long as the sea cabs are up and running again.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Many people don't remember it because it was so short. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they made the ride area into a walkthrough. It's a small area for a ride, but would make the area feel much larger if you were to walk through it.

WigglyWiggins

I dont know if the technology exists to do this, but i was thinking how cool it would be if they could somehow project nemo and friends into the tank as you went along on the sea cabs, helping you on your journey to sea base alpha...?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Discmen said:
I had no idea that they were closed. How long have they been shut down?
Quite a while. The rumor I heard as to the reason was a minor leak was causing repeated malfunctions to the omni mover and the expense to properly fix this leak was enormous.
WigglyWiggins said:
I don’t know if the technology exists to do this, but i was thinking how cool it would be if they could somehow project nemo and friends into the tank as you went along on the sea cabs, helping you on your journey to sea base alpha...?
That was part of the rumor I heard on these boards a few months ago.

Empress Room

Well, from the pictures provided (very nice work - it certainly takes "guts" to go backstage), it doesn't appear that the rumor posted a couple of months ago that the sea cabs had Nemo decals affixed to their side is accurate (unless, of course, the decals were there as part of some imagineering test and subsequently removed).

Time will tell.

PurpleDragon

WigglyWiggins said:
I dont know if the technology exists to do this, but i was thinking how cool it would be if they could somehow project nemo and friends into the tank as you went along on the sea cabs, helping you on your journey to sea base alpha...?

There IS technology that will eventually allow this to be done but it is still in development stages and will probably not be on the market for another few years. And even then I'm not sure this technology would allow for an image to be displayed on a clear transparent surface.

That is a cool concept though.

What if they had a bunch of screens above the tank, or on the oposite side, that looked like more windows, due to the water simulation. They could then have Dori and Marlin follow the sea cabs and talk to them along the way.

mandib

OMG! All this time everyone has always been talking about the Sea Cabs and I couldn't remember them from my first trip seeing as I was 5, but then I saw these pictures and a lightbulb went on in my head! I don't remember the ride but I do remember going on it. Thanks for this little insight!

TimeTrip

Blah. The sea cabs are overrated. Most people call to "BRING BACK THE SEA CABS". While certainly cooler than just taking the hydrolators, it was way too short and you really don't see much more than you do when you walk around upstairs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TimeTrip said:
Blah. The sea cabs are overrated. Most people call to "BRING BACK THE SEA CABS". While certainly cooler than just taking the hydrolators, it was way too short and you really don't see much more than you do when you walk around upstairs.
True. They weren't the coolest thing on the planet but TLS was much better with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom