Guess what I am writing......

HMGhost13

Original Poster
i am trying to write a haunted mansion movie plot. i ride a thread about an animated HM movie-i disagree. i want a live action, non-2 hour special but in theatre -movie! here's my idea:

-it's a cross between all 3 mansions (DL, WDW, DL-paris)
-also includes A Spooky Night story
-4 teens instead of 2
-2 teens names: Paul Davis and Gracie Mason (Can anyone get the dedications?)
-begins with the killing of the original house owner and his bride getting whacked (like that term :lol:?). the credits have the Phantom Manor music box music thing the music form the original vincent price voice over thingy.
-comes back to today
-teen(paul) doesn't believe in HM
-paul, gilfriend gracie & two other friends sneak into the HM.
-goes through HM, group spiltted up of course.
-2 friends leave, w/ paul & gracie stuck inside
-TWIST: paul and gracie are actually ghosts! (debating: should paul actually be a female ghost and gracie a male or just keep them the same? it be interesting to see!)

QUOTES(not the exact but ideas one of):
-When they spilt up paul and other male spilt up with paul giving all different reasons why they should spilt up(very funny stuff like "Oh oh! so we can cause more damage? no wait-just because! or how about because...."

what do you guys think?

BTW!!!!!!!!!!!
the dedications are:
Paul Davis-Paul Frees and Marc Davis
Gracie Mason- Mason(sp?) is french for House, so therefore Gracie House=Gracie Mansion=Gracey Mansion.

NowInc

I thought HM already has a pretty solid plot...if you combine the stroies from the american versions and then phantom mannors..you will have a REALLY solid story...

General Grizz

Originally posted by NowInc
I thought HM already has a pretty solid plot...if you combine the stroies from the american versions and then phantom mannors..you will have a REALLY solid story...

Maybe they'll make a great movie out of it - like they did for CBJ and are doing for POTC!

NowInc

LoL...I see you conviniantly left out the ToT movie......what a peice of garbage that was...Steve Guttenburg....what were they thinking...

General Grizz

Originally posted by NowInc
LoL...I see you conviniantly left out the ToT movie......what a peice of garbage that was...Steve Guttenburg....what were they thinking...

That was only on TV...the ones I listed are going into theaters!

HMGhost13

Original Poster
exactly about ToT...had nothing to do with twilight zone or the actual ride itself. if I did it- 5 more people visit the hollywood hotel-which seems to be cheap and open (it just reopened). up[on entering they find themselves as the only guests and start getting plagued by paranormal accounts until they find out what happened.

anyways, back to HM-any other suggestions? should i name the other two charcaters mike and karen? what else i need feed back!!!:brick: :hammer:

NowInc

Originally posted by HMGhost13
exactly about ToT...had nothing to do with twilight zone or the actual ride itself. if I did it- 5 more people visit the hollywood hotel-which seems to be cheap and open (it just reopened). up[on entering they find themselves as the only guests and start getting plagued by paranormal accounts until they find out what happened.

anyways, back to HM-any other suggestions? should i name the other two charcaters mike and karen? what else i need feed back!!!:brick: :hammer:

As long as you dont go doing someting lame like making the ghosts named "Spooky" and "Scary" I think we will all be ok

HMGhost13

Original Poster
As long as you dont go doing someting lame like making the ghosts named "Spooky" and "Scary" I think we will all be ok

heck no! it'll be more like "ghost" since the ghosts are m\basically unnamed on the ride anyways. So something like: Grace/Male ghost- Actresses name. What else guys the more i get the better i feel hehe also, what about the ghosts being the opposite genders?

NowInc

Originally posted by HMGhost13

heck no! it'll be more like "ghost" since the ghosts are m\basically unnamed on the ride anyways. So something like: Grace/Male ghost- Actresses name. What else guys the more i get the better i feel hehe

LoL..gooood...

dopey

first off, i just want to say that the one and only good thing about the tower of terror movie was that it made my son appreciate big band music. he loves "sing, sing, sing" because of that movie.

as for the movie idea, i think you're off to a good start, hmghost. it's a little fuzzy, but as i understand it, your protagonist is a ghost who doesn't know he's a ghost and doesn't believe in ghosts. he then winds up trapped in a haunted house.

it's sort of like "the sixth sense" meets every trapped-in-a-haunted-house film, from scooby doo to "13 ghosts." (if you get shannon elizabeth to play grace, i'll go see it for sure!)

your protagonist needs some opposition, perhaps one of the other ghosts (one who knows he's a ghost and believes in ghosts) in the haunted house. in any event, it should be someone who stands in the protagonist's way of reaching his conscious goal of getting out of the house.

also, you might want to consider creating your own haunted house with its own legends. that would open your options if you hope to one day sell this script. if disney says no, you can take it to dreamworks or universal. i don't think you'd have much luck selling it to a non-disney studio is your location was one of disney's haunted houses.

good luck!

HMGhost13

Original Poster
your protagonist is a ghost who doesn't know he's a ghost and doesn't believe in ghosts. he then winds up trapped in a haunted house.

well actually no. he knows he's a ghost-the audience won't though (except everyone who visits this thread of course) he's goal is to try and get these people in and frighten them. it's the other couple's goal to get out. he's really an antagonist. he says he doesn't believe in ghosts and such but he actually knows the truth behind it all.

Sheri

Originally posted by dopey
first off, i just want to say that the one and only good thing about the tower of terror movie was that it made my son appreciate big band music. he loves "sing, sing, sing" because of that movie.

Yay...I like it too, but not because of that :cool: :D

HMGhost13

Original Poster
well..considering that's all i have so far.....um....about4-10 years? :lol: i've gotta write, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it and thwn pitch it to disney-who may want an animated version which i would protest-and if they don't like it i'd have to change it and submitt it to either universal, WB or dreamworks-which i don't want to do of course. i'll most likely find a way to submit it to them when i move to florida...if anyone has an idea how i can submit my idea to them now that be great.

Sheri

hehe...We'll be waiting! :D I have some stories that aren't really stories, just script type things...do you write a lot?

HMGhost13

Original Poster
i write a lot of song parodies but when i write a story it's usually dark, disturbed and creppy like stephen king or tim burton were directing my writing! :lol: so i figured that if i'm gonna write a script why nopt about one of the darkest rides in disney? the haunted mansion! plus i wanted to do a movie of the ride......unfortunately i want me cast as paul...:fork: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom