Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

DonaldDoleWhip

On the topic of “Disco Inferno,” recently came across a remix on Spotify that still captures a lot of the original’s magic, yet with a modern flare.

Have been listening to it on repeat today to capture that Cosmic Rewind nostalgia (ended up getting Inferno, “September,” and “One Way or Another” 3x each. “Everybody” landed at 2x, with “I Ran” and the elusive “Conga” repping once)

solidyne

On the topic of “Disco Inferno,” recently came across a remix on Spotify that still captures a lot of the original’s magic, yet with a modern flare.

Have been listening to it on repeat today to capture that Cosmic Rewind nostalgia (ended up getting Inferno, “September,” and “One Way or Another” 3x each. “Everybody” landed at 2x, with “I Ran” and the elusive “Conga” repping once)

Cool clip!

I would love to know whether all six songs are weighted equally (truly random each time, like rolling a die) or if some songs are weighted differently. I think the urge to re-ride might be stronger if that one song only comes up, say, 1 in 20 times. (But so would the frustration, I suppose...) Plus, they'd have no way to know which ride to limit.

It reminds me of buying multiple packs of baseball cards as a kid, enduring duplicate after duplicate, futilely trying to get a Reggie Jackson. That could be illusory, of course. As @MisterPenguin pointed out, you can roll a standard die many times before getting that lucky [X]. As a matter of fact, even if the Guardian tunes are equally likely (all 1 in 6), you could (theoretically) ride 1000 times and still never get "Conga"!

However, am I quite sure that Topps restricted the number of "good" cards out there!

DonaldDoleWhip

Cool clip!

I would love to know whether all six songs are weighted equally (truly random each time, like rolling a die) or if some songs are weighted differently. I think the urge to re-ride might be stronger if that one song only comes up, say, 1 in 20 times. (But so would the frustration, I suppose...) Plus, they'd have no way to know which ride to limit.

It reminds me of buying multiple packs of baseball cards as a kid, enduring duplicate after duplicate, futilely trying to get a Reggie Jackson. That could be illusory, of course. As @MisterPenguin pointed out, you can roll a standard die many times before getting that lucky [X]. As a matter of fact, even if the Guardian tunes are equally likely (all 1 in 6), you could (theoretically) ride 1000 times and still never get "Conga"!

However, am I quite sure that Topps restricted the number of "good" cards out there!
Stuff of nightmares for me haha - while I'm marginally disappointed to have only gotten it once, at least the next experience will be that much more impactful!

disneygeek90

The probability of getting all 6 songs in 6 rides is 1.5%.

The rest of the chances:

View attachment 645261

The median is 13 rides, the mean is 14.7.

This is a type of probability problem called the coupon collector's problem. The maths of it have been explored in great detail for 'collecting all 6' due to the humble six-sided die.

As you can see, you can ride it 22 times and still have 10% chance you haven't heard all six songs.
I got all in 9! That's some pretty fun odds.

disneygeek90

Personally, I really liked Everybody wants to rule the world. While it seems like it would be a little slow, I thought it really fit well.

My incredibly subjective rating is something along the lines of:

1. September (2 rides)
2. One Way or Another (2 rides)
3. Everybody Wants to Rule the World (2 rides)
4. Disco Inferno (1 ride)
5. I Ran (1 ride)
6. Conga (2 rides)

UNCgolf

Guardians processed 1,688 guests between 12:15 pm and 1:15 pm today. 2 of those people threw up.

I wonder how many were sick without throwing up.

Doesn't seem like it's a major problem regardless, but the last couple of times I was motion sick from a ride I never threw up -- I just couldn't do anything for the next hour+ (as in had to just sit/lay down and not move) because I felt so bad.

disneygeek90

I saw one older lady throwing up on the bench right by the exit, with a barf bag. And then someone else at the exit leading outside, on the same day. Other than that, I've not really noticed any other instances of people being obviously sick.

mergatroid

I wonder how many were sick without throwing up.

Doesn't seem like it's a major problem regardless, but the last couple of times I was motion sick from a ride I never threw up -- I just couldn't do anything for the next hour+ (as in had to just sit/lay down and not move) because I felt so bad.
If 2 an hour's the average then that could be 24 people throwing up a day, a considerable number. That in theory could possibly come down over time as the more people who hear about it will possibly reduce the number of people susceptible to motion sickness riding it. I've never been motion sock on any ride, it's usually dehydration that gets me. Feeling sick at Disney isn't fun.

doctornick

I thought it was because of EMH. Seems more people from resorts plan to come on Mondays and ride it. Though I think there might be more than just that since I think it was even worse than last Monday.
The old rule of thumb was avoid the parks with EMH because they were the busiest because resort guests go to them. I agree with you that is probably the situation here - if you are staying at Deluxe might as well get this perk so Epcot is probably busier on Mondays.

What are the rest of the ride times at the park on Mondays? Do TT or FAE or Rat have abnormally long wait times?

No Name

I think he meant in terms of the hourly throughput. I believe it was supposed to be able to put nearly 2400 through per hour.
Does anyone know the minimum dispatch time? I’m inclined to believe 2,400 was always just a technical possibility and nothing above 2,000 is really feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom