Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

disneygeek90

So from what I can tell from my extensive record keeping, each train is tied to a song, and each train has a "home" load side. For example, trains 9 and 2 seem to be I Ran so Far Away. They usually settle "home" on the right side. Keep in mind, this could totally get thrown off if a train gets removed from service, which happens in the event of a Code V. So I think it boils down to that formula being correct if all trains are operating on their usual home load stations.
I’m extra inclined to believe this (not that I doubted you ;)) after tonight. I was on the right side, but pulled Disco Inferno. When we exited the ride, we went on the far exit load, not the closer one. I believe that typically when on the right side you have the closer load. So it seemed like that car was going back to its “home base.”

I was thrilled as Disco Inferno was the last song I needed to experience. It’s kind of cool that techinically all cars can get any song, but there is a higher probability based on the side you get.

DonaldDoleWhip

So from what I can tell from my extensive record keeping, each train is tied to a song, and each train has a "home" load side. For example, trains 9 and 2 seem to be I Ran so Far Away. They usually settle "home" on the right side. Keep in mind, this could totally get thrown off if a train gets removed from service, which happens in the event of a Code V. So I think it boils down to that formula being correct if all trains are operating on their usual home load stations.
This is cool to know! When you say left vs. right, do you mean coming down the ramp (direction the CM tells you to walk), or facing forward in the train seat?

Asking because “I Ran” will be my last song (already gotten “September” + “One Way or Another” 3x, and my current favorite—Conga—once).

Thank you!

disneygeek90

This is cool to know! When you say left vs. right, do you mean coming down the ramp (direction the CM tells you to walk), or facing forward in the train seat?

Asking because “I Ran” will be my last song (already gotten “September” + “One Way or Another” 3x, and my current favorite—Conga—once).

Thank you!
I believe the direction when you first come down the ramp. You likely should have gotten September and OOOA on the right, too.

DonaldDoleWhip

I believe the direction when you first come down the ramp. You likely should have gotten September and OOOA on the right, too.
Yes, exactly - thank you! I’ve gotten both of those 3x and have mostly turned right haha.

So for my next ride today, will ask for left; already did on ride #1 this morning and got Disco Inferno for the second time. There’s something to this strategy 👏

mergatroid

Thank you!
Are lots of people still becoming sick on the ride as you seem to be on this a lot?

NOTE I'M NOT THINKING OF ANY OTHER POSTER SO PLEASE NOBODY ELSE NEED QUOTE ME AGAIN ACCUSING ME OF DOING SO

MrNonacho

Premium Member
What side you are sent to has nothing to do with what song you get. All trains can play any song, and trains are not locked to a particular side. Any pattern you might see is just random chance.

DonaldDoleWhip

Are lots of people still becoming sick on the ride as you seem to be on this a lot?
I’m now 12 rides in (six days, 2x each) and have yet to see anyone getting sick. Also from ride #2 onward I’ve danced my way through the whole thing after the photo, and it only makes the ride more fun.

Highly recommended if you’re feeling the song; I’ve felt all of them, but especially Conga.

Speaking of songs, on ride 12 of 12 we asked for left side, and (random chance or not) it worked! Finally got “I Ran” and also loved it.

So it took me 12 tries to hit six, while my sister is 5 for 5 in getting a new song.

DonaldDoleWhip

Btw one more tip for this ride - it’s surprisingly hard to get a good photo. Moment is right after launch as you start banking, and people often seem caught off guard.

Gotta say hands up with a smile always works. Also Hawaiian shirt attire (I recommend Kenny Flowers).

Love this ride so much:

1654873648527.jpeg

mergatroid

Btw one more tip for this ride - it’s surprisingly hard to get a good photo. Moment is right after launch as you start banking, and people often seem caught off guard.

Gotta say hands up with a smile always works. Also Hawaiian shirt attire (I recommend Kenny Flowers).

Love this ride so much:

View attachment 644843
Nice shirt :cool:. Are you in the dark when that picture is taken and they photoshop the background in, or is there a screen showing that background?

DonaldDoleWhip

Nice shirt :cool:. Are you in the dark when that picture is taken and they photoshop the background in, or is there a screen showing that background?
Don’t know how to describe it, but you’re not seeing that background!

The launch is relatively dark, and you go straight into a backwards bank with some bright lighting fixtures ahead of you, as the vehicle starts rotating (I recall a lot of red). This is where it flashes, and the flash is surprisingly faint.

For many it doesn’t register that this is the photo - it didn’t for my sister.

Also thank you! Kenny Flowers is fantastic 🌺

correcaminos

Love this ride so much:

View attachment 644843
I'll add that more simple poses are easier. We tried arms up all the way today and only one made it. While two thumbs up in front of chest was easy to do by all.

DonaldDoleWhip

I'll add that more simple poses are easier. We tried arms up all the way today and only one made it. While two thumbs up in front of chest was easy to do by all.
For sure - my ‘hands up’ is more of a halfway gesture that I’ve found to work pretty consistently. Fist pumping, on the other hand, made for a disastrous photo. Save it for after!

That said, sometimes you gotta let the music speak for you. Here was my reaction to getting my sixth song (going left worked!):

1654896332961.jpeg

This ride is an absolute blast.

correcaminos

For sure - my ‘hands up’ is more of a halfway gesture that I’ve found to work pretty consistently. Fist pumping, on the other hand, made for a disastrous photo. Save it for after!

That said, sometimes you gotta let the music speak for you. Here was my reaction to getting my sixth song (going left worked!):

View attachment 644905

This ride is an absolute blast.
When I get home I'll share our best one but I want to edit faces for privacy. It is a blast to ride though and I absolutely think the front row today gave me a different feel on repeatability in the future. 4 rides since Sunday has me very much appreciating this ride more than I expected.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Don't know if anyone noticed, but the exit hallway is themed to a Cast Member backstage area. Hence the industrial looking stairs, plain directional signage, and music. It's supposed to resemble the easy listening radio stations in normal Cast Member areas, rather than normal area music. They even put a Disney Look mirror!

20220610_225332.jpg

"OBSERVE. EVERYBODY NEAT AND PRETTY. YOU ARE NOW ENTERING EPCOT. SMILE, YOU ARE REPRESENTING ALL XANDARIANS. DO IT WELL"

The reason for this thematic choice is that the star jumpers are only ever used for evacuation of Xandarian Nova Corps, not Terrans, as this is the first time we've ever been teleported. Really clever!

RSoxNo1

I don't think the ride itself fails either. I just think the story aspect is a failure. Compare it to something like Splash Mountain, where the theming is a major part of the overall appeal -- yes, people would still enjoy the drop without all of the story/theming, but it wouldn't be the masterpiece that it is.

The story/theming should be a significant enhancement to the ride, not something that's just kind of there. There's little point to including it otherwise. That's why I think that aspect is a failure.
What's the story of Space Mountain?

UNCgolf

What's the story of Space Mountain?

I don't think Space Mountain is an especially great ride (it's definitely not in my top 5 at MK), but I also don't think a ride has to have a linear story as long as it's well-themed. Space Mountain's theme is that you're traveling through space.

I'm not sure Guardians does that theme much better than Space Mountain (in terms of the space imagery), which isn't very good for a ride that's almost 50 years newer. It should be more impressive than it is.

Also, Space Mountain isn't supposed to be featuring a specific IP the way Guardians is. Guardians doesn't do a very good job featuring the supposed reason it exists; they almost feel like an afterthought.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the exit hallway is themed to a Cast Member backstage area. Hence the industrial looking stairs, plain directional signage, and music. It's supposed to resemble the easy listening radio stations in normal Cast Member areas, rather than normal area music. They even put a Disney Look mirror!

View attachment 644922
"OBSERVE. EVERYBODY NEAT AND PRETTY. YOU ARE NOW ENTERING EPCOT. SMILE, YOU ARE REPRESENTING ALL XANDARIANS. DO IT WELL"

The reason for this thematic choice is that the star jumpers are only ever used for evacuation of Xandarian Nova Corps, not Terrans, as this is the first time we've ever been teleported. Really clever!

It's been pointed out before -- I think it's probably a little too inside baseball and thus wasn't the best idea. The vast majority of guests aren't going to understand any of the references; it's just going to look like an unthemed hallway.

I mean, I'm a person who posts on a Disney fan forum and yet I had no idea that was the intention until someone explained it here. Normal guests will certainly have no idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom