News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This year has continuously decreased all excitement I’ve had for the Disney Parks.

It’s looks fine. The mediocrity continues.
I'm pretty sure most here weren't excited about this when it was announced years ago, not sure what you were expecting with an unfinished attraction with a picture that shows 1/4 of track with no theming.

Brer Oswald

I'm pretty sure most here weren't excited about this when it was announced years ago, not sure what you were expecting with an unfinished attraction with a picture that shows 1/4 of track with no theming.
I was okay with the change. I’d hoped for more than a generic coaster with screens, but maybe I have too much faith in the Company.

DCBaker

Premium Member
igatg383673a.jpg

THE Monorail Lime

The photo posted by BlogMickey was not the full photo. There is a video that pans across the area. You can see a wall that was not shown in the previous image. In the photo, you can clearly see 4 pieces of the track going underneath the wall which likely separates show scenes from the rest of the blue goliath warehouse.
View attachment 513356 Other photo for reference View attachment 513358
That is one big, scrim...😱

MrPromey

Won't even notice it
Have you been since it went up? Coming from that side of the parking lot outside the park by way of courtesy tram, it feels as though you're being driven past the NASA vehicle assembly building. In person, it is truly a massive building. Up until they started tearing up the middle of Future World, it was pretty well hidden from a lot of areas within that area. Can't say what that looks like today but I'd have to imagine they are at least trying to rebuild with sight-lines in mind.

That said, it's incredibly obvious from the promenade of World Showcase. Way more than Soarin'. It's nowhere near as bad as images like this would suggest but unless you're legally blind, it'll be hard not to notice if you take a gander back towards Future World while across that pond.

Whether or not that ruins your experience is a different discussion but, yes, it's definitely noticeable.

SplashJacket

So it sounds like we can expect a slightly more intense version of Escape from Gringotts? Especially with less stopping
It should be substantially more intense than Gringotts, especially since that is hardly a coaster. While people been quick to claim this ride has no thrill you need some perspective. Will it be more intense than RRC? No. Will it be more intense than Slinky, 7DMT, BTMR, and Space? Almost certainly, it has a backward launch which isn't exactly known as a tame element.

Tron is not a very thrilling coaster but will still be the 3rd most thrilling on the property after RRC and Everest. Guardians will probably fall into that tier.

lazyboy97o

Yup, it’s nowhere near done, testing needs to be done BEFORE theming
This is not the case with a true themed attraction. You need to have the show sets, props and figures in place to ensure nothing intrudes into the ride’s safety envelope. The ride and show systems are also highly integrated in an experience like this ride. You’re not just going past looping scenes that don’t care if the ride is there, so you’re not getting a full test without the show elements installed.

jpwdis

I was okay with the change. I’d hoped for more than a generic coaster with screens, but maybe I have too much faith in the Company.
Few things. First, we gotta keep in mind that this ride is still a year and a half (at least) away from opening. We shouldn't start judging from a single photo showing the inside of the building at such an early stage in construction. For all we know, in the next year, they could add a bunch of theming and/or props in this space. We really don't know much about what the finished product will be. Second, this isn't going to be a generic coaster, imo. The cars will have a controlled spin element and we're going to be launched backwards, both which aren't exactly generic coaster traits. Sure, it's nothing out of this world (no pun intended), but I wouldn't call it generic. Finally, even if it does end up being a generic coaster surrounded by screens, isn't that what we were told to expect from the start? Yeah it may have a few special surprise elements added, but what else were you honestly expecting? I guess I just don't see how much more they could've done than what we already know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom