News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ChewbaccaYourMum

I believe so. If it was just a coaster in the dark it would basically be complete. They do have roughly another year-and-a-half of construction.
Ok yeah makes sense. I really hope it does tell some kind of story. I've been waiting for Disney to make a coaster with good dark ride story elements to it since Universal opened The Mummy! I've been always thinking this was finally going to be it. They keep saying it's a "storytelling coaster" and the rotating will face you towards the action and story going on.

THE Monorail Lime

Ok yeah makes sense. I really hope it does tell some kind of story. I've been waiting for Disney to make a coaster with good dark ride story elements to it since Universal opened The Mummy! I've been always thinking this was finally going to be it. They keep saying it's a "storytelling coaster" and the rotating will face you towards the action and story going on.
Think hyper space mountain, it will be like that, but with more physical props

JT308

So just so I'm looking at the picture correctly: the top right corner is the big launch hill correct? Was hoping to get a drop out of it instead of right into a break run but oh well. Also you can see one piece of theming that looks like one of the jump points, which I would assume is the exit of the gravity building, but seems a little high so I wonder if the screened in break run at the bottom is actually a bit of a boost launch (it also seems very low to just be a MCBR).

UNCgolf

It doesn't look like there are going to be very many show scenes. I was hoping for something like the Mummy at Universal with several show scenes -- I'm sure that's still possible, but with the way the track loops around all over itself it seems like it would be difficult to have many distinct areas.

FigmentFan82

It doesn't look like there are going to be very many show scenes. I was hoping for something like the Mummy at Universal with several show scenes -- I'm sure that's still possible, but with the way the track loops around all over itself it seems like it would be difficult to have many distinct areas.
I get a very much "work in progress" vibe, and I think they probably purposefully didn't show any show scenes to keep up the surprise

FigmentFan82

Are we sure this is a purposeful sneak peek? I was getting the impression of a leak.
From the article on Blog Mickey...

In this morning’s IAAPA virtual conference, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro previewed some of Disney’s construction projects. In the short video, we received a first look at the interior roller coaster track for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
View attachment 513297

Trying to get my bearings... Is that wave turn at the top right of the image heading into the block break in the top center of the image coming off of the launch? Further, is that possibly a second inclined launch on the far left of the image? Finally... An observation... Looks like that is a projection tunnel there along the ground heading to the right side of the image?

UNCgolf

I get a very much "work in progress" vibe, and I think they probably purposefully didn't show any show scenes to keep up the surprise

It's not because there weren't any show scenes in the photo -- I'm sure none of that has been constructed yet.

It's that the layout of the track itself makes it seem like it will be very difficult to have many distinct scenes. When the track is looping around itself as much as it does in that photo, you can't really show different sections of it different scenes. The rotating cars will help, of course, because they could have one screen/projection/whatever on this side and different one on the other side.

I know there will be some show scenes, but I think this is going to mainly just be an indoor coaster with surrounding effects as opposed to some sort of coaster/dark ride hybrid (which some people were suggesting).

Nthderivative

Comparing the recent interior photos to older construction photos of the steel structure before it was enclosed, they are only showing less than half of the interior. I'm guessing this picture is purposefully hiding the interesting sections of the ride.

Also, if I assume that the flat section is a break run after the launch tunnel, it appears that it's nearly twice as long as the ride trains will be. They must be doing something else here.

While we're at it, take a look at the set of stairs on the side opposite of the track to where the construction worker is standing. Are those two stairs going down for seemingly no reason?

Edit: As I'm staring at this, is this a tilt table? Like Gringrotts?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom