News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

_caleb

Do we know for sure what’s going on top of the Energy building? Just the ribs? Solar panels? In some of the concept art, I’ve seen the Xandarian ship on the roof, but in more recent images it’s in front of the building.

trainplane3

Do we know for sure what’s going on top of the Energy building? Just the ribs? Solar panels? In some of the concept art, I’ve seen the Xandarian ship on the roof, but in more recent images it’s in front of the building.
Should be solar panels unless they're doing something else. There are new posts on top of the building. During the demo last year, they were all cut off. The ship on roof stuff that you're thinking off were other proposals that apparently didn't make the cut.

_caleb

Should be solar panels unless they're doing something else. There are new posts on top of the building. During the demo last year, they were all cut off. The ship on roof stuff that you're thinking off were other proposals that apparently didn't make the cut.

View attachment 421701
Thanks! I do hope they follow through with the solar panels. Nobody is asking me, but I would prefer they include the Milano (rather than the Xandarian ship), and IN FRONT of the building rather than on top.

DarkMetroid567

Yeah it sucks from outside the gates.

Disney World doesn’t really care about sightlines in general.

I always thought this was funny. All my life people told me that WDW was more magical than DL because of the sightlines. I finally go, and you can see the Contemporary and the Grand from most of Magic Kingdom. You don't really have that issue at DL with the exception of Guardians Tower.

Mickeyboof

I always thought this was funny. All my life people told me that WDW was more magical than DL because of the sightlines. I finally go, and you can see the Contemporary and the Grand from most of Magic Kingdom. You don't really have that issue at DL with the exception of Guardians Tower.

Disneyland is a masterpiece. It’s so contained and transcendent.

Disney World has absolutely no excuse. Their sightlines are absolutely tragic.

I remember my first time at the Magic Kingdom, and couldn’t believe I could see the parking lot for the Contemporary. I couldn’t believe the train went right past the unthemed backside of Be Our Guest.

I hate parking lots with a passion. Parking lots and drop down ceilings. Disney World is all parking lots and drop down ceilings.

peter11435

There is no where from inside the Magic Kingdom that you can see the Grand Floridian

DreamfinderGuy

that’s why Innoventions failed.
'Scuse me? Innoventions didn't "fail". It was wildly popular for well over a decade, and even the redesigned Innoventions was a hit with the younger audience. Disney intentionally let it die with the hopes of redesigning the space in the future (Which they're doing right now), and only let it stay open as long as it did because they were hoping to run out the clock with Glidden's contract. Unfortunately the overhaul scope didn't cooperate with it, so they had to close it a year early and terminate their contract with Glidden. Innoventions could only be deemed a "failure" when they were no longer accepting sponsors (Around 2015) while they were trying to flush out the old ones. They signed a one year with MuRata because they knew that Innoventions wouldn't survive anything beyond that, and saw it as a win to put something else in there. Disney's been trying to kill Innoventions for almost half a decade and only now got around to it, that does NOT mean it was a failure by any means.

DreamfinderGuy

View attachment 421701
I still think we got the ugliest possible design architecturally, but I'm thankful that we don't have to see a ship on the building

trainplane3

I still think we got the ugliest possible design architecturally, but I'm thankful that we don't have to see a ship on the building
I'm kind of bummed about the copper color but I want to see the finished product first. I hope it has a little more pizzazz in person when it's done. At least the neat old architecture is still hanging around in some form.

DarkMetroid567

You can see the Contemporary from the Magic Kingdom because they designed it to be seen as part of Tomorrowland. That’s not a sightline issue, it was literally planned.

My issue with it is that it's not just Tomorrowland you can see the Contemporary from. Not to mention, the building has just aged rather poorly.

'Scuse me? Innoventions didn't "fail". It was wildly popular for well over a decade, and even the redesigned Innoventions was a hit with the younger audience. Disney intentionally let it die with the hopes of redesigning the space in the future (Which they're doing right now), and only let it stay open as long as it did because they were hoping to run out the clock with Glidden's contract. Unfortunately the overhaul scope didn't cooperate with it, so they had to close it a year early and terminate their contract with Glidden. Innoventions could only be deemed a "failure" when they were no longer accepting sponsors (Around 2015) while they were trying to flush out the old ones. They signed a one year with MuRata because they knew that Innoventions wouldn't survive anything beyond that, and saw it as a win to put something else in there. Disney's been trying to kill Innoventions for almost half a decade and only now got around to it, that does NOT mean it was a failure by any means.
That’s what I meant, no sponsor, or the sponsor won’t pay to update the attraction, it became hard to run.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
My issue with it is that it's not just Tomorrowland you can see the Contemporary from. Not to mention, the building has just aged rather poorly.
I absolutely LOVE the Contemporary. And the fact that it’s visible from Tomorrowland. I enjoy the feeling of interconnectivity and kenetic energy in that area. It feels like MK and all the Monorail resorts are one being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom