News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

No, each to their own. It helps I liked the movies (well, the first three anyway) and that it’s a technical tour de force.
Transformers is a more frenetic version of Spider-Man much in the same way Mission: Breakout is a more frenetic version of Tower of Terror. Oddly enough I like Spider-Man and Mission: Breakout better than their counterparts (DCA Tower only).

EricsBiscuit

The problem is that some fans of Disney are kinda hypocrite regarding screens.
If Universal does it, "it sucks" "overused".
When disney does it "wow so good, amazing, well done".

When both have done amazing jobs with screens and without.

Example: Spiderman and Harry Potter Rides on Universal side.. Pirates of the Caribbean Shangai and Flight of Passage at Disney.
Well keep in mind lots of Uni's implementation of screens and much of what our criticism refers to are the attractions like Fallon and Shrek that are not up to par with what we've come to expect from Uni. Also, EFG has poor utilization of screens because they're too obvious. However, Spider-Man and Transformers have their moments. NRJ and PotC:BftST both have moments where you're asking yourself "are those screens?" That's called good screen implementation. Screens are best used in conjunction with physical sets to create a more immersive experience.

Horizons1

@marni1971 Interesting find from Japanese Channel DLife broadcasting a recap of D23 Expo Japan.
Unseen Concept Art for the Guardians of the Galaxy Rollercoaster Ride Vehicle.View attachment 273752

And here's another image of Ol' Bobby Chapek on stage at the Expo with the image on screen.View attachment 273753

POSTED on WDW Magic Forums FIRST!!!

So if ***** picks it up... it came from these forums first, as most rumors, info and details about Disney parks does, because of the credible and reliable insiders that this forum has. :)
It looks like they ride on sunshine...

No Name

Besides the fact that there are plenty of people who visit those areas and take part in the Potter experience that don't ride the rides the overarching point is this. You take two lands, one themed after a world famous insanely popular IP such as Harry Potter and another as generic Wizard World, Harry Potter is going to draw the most interest all else being equal. It's why Disney is building a Star Wars area now when they had free reign to make a Space Samurai world since forever.

How about you talk to the idiot who made a generic space samurai movie in the mid 70s. Clearly something based on a popular IP would've drawn more interest!

montyz81

Fast forward to 10:43 in this video created by the Disney Company. Nuf Said
I felt like this needed to be posted in this thread.

Bairstow

@marni1971 Interesting find from Japanese Channel DLife broadcasting a recap of D23 Expo Japan.
Unseen Concept Art for the Guardians of the Galaxy Rollercoaster Ride Vehicle.View attachment 273752

And here's another image of Ol' Bobby Chapek on stage at the Expo with the image on screen.View attachment 273753

POSTED on WDW Magic Forums FIRST!!!

So if ***** picks it up... it came from these forums first, as most rumors, info and details about Disney parks does, because of the credible and reliable insiders that this forum has. :)

Hmm. The profile of the train doesn't suggest a pivoting car coaster, but the number of cars/riders depicted doesn't rule one out, either. Certainly a piece of concept art wouldn't necessarily confirm the ride hardware, but rarely is released concept art totally off the mark.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fast forward to 10:43 in this video created by the Disney Company. Nuf Said
I felt like this needed to be posted in this thread.

The part about Epcot is just corporate trash marketing. They took Walt's words about the planned community he envisioned and made it sound like he was talking about the theme park. Especially egregious was saying how the brother of Walt, Roy, did the dedication of MK because Walt was dead... as if Roy wasn't a vital part of the corporation and they picked him to do the dedication simply because he was related to Walt.

Just propaganda.

Mike S

The part about Epcot is just corporate trash marketing. They took Walt's words about the planned community he envisioned and made it sound like he was talking about the theme park. Especially egregious was saying how the brother of Walt, Roy, did the dedication of MK because Walt was dead... as if Roy wasn't a vital part of the corporation and they picked him to do the dedication simply because he was related to Walt.

Just propaganda.
The park was still built from the same philosophy. It was just adapted to something the Imagineers actually knew how to build rather than a giant city.

montyz81

Just propaganda.
I know and get that. What I am talking about is the part I pointed out stating the current purpose of Epcot Center. My point was to highlight that the GotU ride, will stray from. At least Seas provides a bit of education and inspiration using an IP to do it. My hope is that GoTU will keep to the energy theme. That is all I was saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom