News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
One thing to think about.... When one listens to a choir, one voice out-of-tune sometimes seems like the loudest. Remember, Galileo was convicted of being heretic. We know how that turned out.
Except those arguing in defense of everything Disney does being MAGICAL!!!, wonderful, et al., are doing so with a VERY emotional mindset and not applying logic and any sort of reason/sense to their argument. Someone who is willing to pay any price to "get their Disney fix" isn't someone who is being rational. They are, in essence, a junkie.

And I've attended dozens of choir concerts and cannot hear the out-of-tune voice(s) from the audience. I know they are there, though, because I've been told that the choir director places them in with stronger singers so they are drowned out. :)

Anywho... back to the topic of the thread.

Casper Gutman

I'm not even sure why the "other-world showcase" stuff is necessary. If you've already announced that Star Lord is emotionally invested in EPCOT, you have the hook; in a fit of nostalgia, Quill has brought the Guardians to see a ride he visited with his Mother. The other Guardians think its silly, so Star Lord decides to make the EPCOT style edutainment more extreme by taking a bunch of tourists back to the Big Bang - chaos ensues. You get some lightly self-deprecating satire about EPCOT and you even get an emotional core - Star Lord augmenting memories of his Mother with new ones with his surrogate family. The line could be amusingly meta, with a retro 80s EPCOT style queue that's been vandalized and altered by Rocket, Groot, and the others. And your icon is the Guardian's ship, perched atop or crashed into the building.

Incomudro

Yeah, that's how I feel. That it looks like it is on display in front of the pavilion is entirely appropriate, it's just that the support seems to completely overwhelm the ship and is anything but sleek and elegant.
But the ship isn't sleek or elegant.
Yeah, perhaps the support could have been maybe some 20% more narrow? Maybe 30%?
I'm certain different sizes were modeled, probably computer modeled, and to support that weight that high off of the ground it just wasn't financially feasible to make a marginally slimmer support.
Remember, this prop is on a very tall support - which it needs to be on due to the height of the rear fins.
And again, it's not a graceful craft like a fighter jet.
A fighter jet displayed outdoors certainly benefits from an angled support that compliments the lines and angle of the plane.
But this thing is all arachnid angular.
I don't feel that it suffers from that support.

James Alucobond

Assuming it’s connected to the shots from the second tweet, it looks like they might be from magazine spreads. Honestly, it looks like heavily filtered photography more than concept art, perhaps so they could slide in some people without them looking more weirdly superimposed than they already do.

SplashJacket

Wasn’t it supposed to be a dual load? I’m assuming the other half is out of frame?
Yes. Which is why they need the ramps like Tron to get over the track

1645574621489.png

ToTBellHop

Still think Epcot should have gotten Tron instead.
TRON has even less to do with Epcot. At least this is supposedly visitors from another planet.

I don’t really mind TRON for Tomorrowland. GotG should have gone to DHS. And Epcot should have just updated Future World. Somehow they misunderstood a lack of interest in outdated attractions as a lack of interest in the content. Science can be fun as long as you make it fun. Instead, they are abandoning it.

I wonder if Chapek didn’t do well in his science classes in high school.

Surferboy567

A test rider on Twitter mentioned “Check it out starting Memorial Day Weekend” with a picture infront of a vehicle at what I assume is unload. That seems kinda late at least from when I thought it was going to open.

EDIT: Remy (at least according to my research) soft opened on August 22 it then officially opened on October 1. Which is about 40 days of soft openings.

40 days before May 30 (Memorial Day) would be April 20th. The long soft opening could just be because Remy was just sitting there but if it follows the same trend, and this tweet is correct that is the timeframe we are looking at in terms of possible soft opening to opening.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
A test rider on Twitter mentioned “Check it out starting Memorial Day Weekend” with a picture infront of a vehicle at what I assume is unload. That seems kinda late at least from when I thought it was going to open.

EDIT: Remy (at least according to my research) soft opened on August 22 it then officially opened on October 1. Which is about 40 days of soft openings.

40 days before May 30 (Memorial Day) would be April 20th. The long soft opening could just be because Remy was just sitting there but if it follows the same trend, and this tweet is correct that is the timeframe we are looking at in terms of possible soft opening to opening.

And that tweet was quickly deleted.

Mike has a photo from Geoff Morrell - Chief Corporate Affairs Officer for Disney.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 7.43.22 PM.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

There are no trends with soft openings. Some attractions have them for weeks. Some have a few days. Some have none.

Patcheslee

I wonder if Genie+ ILL would influence them to shorten the soft opening. The less people thay get to experience it beforehand, greater the chance Disney can make some extra cash.

Surferboy567

Does Memorial Day Weekend sound a little late to anyone here? It sounds late to me, maybe they are trying to space it out from the starcruiser it just sounds later then I would of guessed. Assuming it’s near completion with all these test rides that however doesn’t mean it’s opening sooner rather than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom