News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Casper Gutman

Walt did know the importance of a thrill ride to balance out a park with Matterhorn Bobsleds.
In 1959 Matterhorn was 80 feet tall and was the tallest steel rollercoaster in the world. It was behind the 100 foot wooden cyclone though.

Test track barely counts as a thrill ride and Mission Space makes too many people sick.
So after Disney has, by your own admission, failed spectacularly twice in the exact same land when ripping out a classic attraction and replacing it with a “thrill” ride, why should we trust a third attempt? And why are Test Track and Space still around if they’re so pointless?

Purduevian

So after Disney has, by your own admission, failed spectacularly twice in the exact same land when ripping out a classic attraction and replacing it with a “thrill” ride, why should we trust a third attempt? And why are Test Track and Space still around if they’re so pointless?
Never said that Test Track is pointless or even that it is are failures of a ride. Test track v1 was actually my favorite ride in WDW when I was younger... but I also thought space mountain was scary at that time. I think it's a good ride, but fails as a thrill ride.

Mission Space I do see as a failure. The money and technology poured into this ride is extremely impressive. I actually really like the orange version of mission space. However, I haven't ridden it in years because it makes everyone in my family sick except me and I'd rather spend time with them than alone in line/on a ride.

EPCOT really needs it's "Big Thrill" popular ride. MK's space and soon Tron fit that. DHS has ToT and RnRC. AK has Dinosaur and Everest. Test track is tamer than all of those in my opinion other than maybe Dinosaur.

Epcot82Guy

The only thing that comes close to a failure is the current Green Team. Orange is still exceptionally thrilling but green is an embarassment.

Also, they turned up the G-forces a little when I last rode two weeks ago, which made the experience much better.

Certainly a matter of perspective, as with everything. I actually thought the unique video for Green was well done. It's not well communicated about what it is (basically a simple observation simulator a la the space elevator next door vs. a "thrill" ride). But, I enjoyed it and rode it more than I ever did the original Green Team with the initial video.

ToTBellHop

Certainly a matter of perspective, as with everything. I actually thought the unique video for Green was well done. It's not well communicated about what it is (basically a simple observation simulator a la the space elevator next door vs. a "thrill" ride). But, I enjoyed it and rode it more than I ever did the original Green Team with the initial video.
I appreciate that the visuals differ on both versions. We ride both on our trips. It’s a nice way to have some variety.

Casper Gutman

I honestly don’t see any appeal to Space. The visuals are boring, the narrative is profoundly humorless and unexciting, and the sensation is unique but unpleasant. Honestly, I don’t think there is a worse ride in Orlando. Imagination is an insult to the original, but the movement of an Omni is always pleasing and the climax is neat. Fast & Furious is a punchline, and rightfully so, but it is the amusing kind of stupid and is astronomically more enjoyable then Space, which is a remarkable blend of uninteresting and uncomfortable.

Patcheslee

I appreciate that the visuals differ on both versions. We ride both on our trips. It’s a nice way to have some variety.
Is there a way to see both versions without riding? DH and DD13 refuse to ride after we got stuck on green and I don't want to do single rider. Kinda wish they had a spare pod you could check out.

dreday3

I honestly don’t see any appeal to Space. The visuals are boring, the narrative is profoundly humorless and unexciting, and the sensation is unique but unpleasant. Honestly, I don’t think there is a worse ride in Orlando. Imagination is an insult to the original, but the movement of an Omni is always pleasing and the climax is neat. Fast & Furious is a punchline, and rightfully so, but it is the amusing kind of stupid and is astronomically more enjoyable then Space, which is a remarkable blend of uninteresting and uncomfortable.

I have to to say, if a ride (or anything really) involes an omnimover, I'm probably going to enjoy it well enough. 😄

Sir_Cliff

I don't know if I think Space is the worst attraction in Orlando, but having said that M:S Orange probably the only one I wouldn't go on again. The two times I went on it I felt mildly nauseous for a short while afterwards, and beyond that there's nothing appealing or redeeming about it ranging from the story to the visuals and the sensation. Even without any side effects, I struggle to see how the sensation is thrilling and the whole package is certainly not fun. I don't think I would even advise anyone to go on it just in case it made them sick and ruined their day at Epcot without any real compensation in terms of the experience.

I am with those who are more positive on M:S Green, though. At least that is kind of relaxing and gets rid of the potential unpleasant side effects of the Orange version. I wouldn't wait very long for it, but if there was a short queue and I was walking by with some time on my hands I would at least go on Green again.

Mickeynerd17

I appreciate the new video, but I wish the "mission" was more interesting instead of a bad Soarin with a pointless storyline. It could've been a moon mission or something like that, or could've just stayed the original mars mission. For someone who can do the orange version, there is zero reason for me to experience green, and for those who only can experience green it amounts to a waste of space, and that's coming from friends.

I am glad you enjoy it though! Just sharing personal experience/opinion.

James Alucobond

I don't know if I think Space is the worst attraction in Orlando, but having said that M:S Orange probably the only one I wouldn't go on again. The two times I went on it I felt mildly nauseous for a short while afterwards, and beyond that there's nothing appealing or redeeming about it ranging from the story to the visuals and the sensation. Even without any side effects, I struggle to see how the sensation is thrilling and the whole package is certainly not fun. I don't think I would even advise anyone to go on it just in case it made them sick and ruined their day at Epcot without any real compensation in terms of the experience.

I am with those who are more positive on M:S Green, though. At least that is kind of relaxing and gets rid of the potential unpleasant side effects of the Orange version. I wouldn't wait very long for it, but if there was a short queue and I was walking by with some time on my hands I would at least go on Green again.
It has indeed always felt to me like a very one-and-done experience. There's just very little about it that makes me want to do it over and over again, which is not the case for most Disney rides. Plus, even as a 5'10" 145lb man, I find the ride vehicle abnormally uncomfortable.

Epcot82Guy

I appreciate the new video, but I wish the "mission" was more interesting instead of a bad Soarin with a pointless storyline. It could've been a moon mission or something like that, or could've just stayed the original mars mission. For someone who can do the orange version, there is zero reason for me to experience green, and for those who only can experience green it amounts to a waste of space, and that's coming from friends.

I am glad you enjoy it though! Just sharing personal experience/opinion.

That is a very fair statement. I liked it because it basically was cool space Soarin'. But, it should be better communicated as that. And the Mission should arguably be about observation.

Or, it totally should have a better "Mission" if they were going to bill it as a less intense version of Orange (as they do). So I totally see your point, especially with the current explanations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom