Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeeeed

Mission: Space Out. Just add some cheap theming (brown paint and pipes) and most of the work is done.
It could work, but Tot's drops lends itself a tad bit better ride wise to Gotg than Mission: Space would. While they could do the zero G thing and tie it with the ride like they do with tot's drops, it's not the thrill feeling you get on Tot that the chaos works with. Mission Breakout is a stellar ride, but it feels out of place currently until Marvel land. Unlike at Epcot that it may always be out of place.

Unless of course they decide to make a superhero pavilion which 'could' work a bit better.

Phicinfan

There are lots of rumors of a Tomorrowland name change.
There are rumors of three major name changes, to be totally honest.

First is DHS - with revamp there was an expected name change - Hollywood adventure was one for example
EPCOT - has been hinted by many that there will be some edit to the name - and maybe FW may get renamed as well?
TL - rumor has it possibly going to Discovery land or some such.

So I guess Four may be more accurate?

MCast

There are rumors of three major name changes, to be totally honest.

First is DHS - with revamp there was an expected name change - Hollywood adventure was one for example
EPCOT - has been hinted by many that there will be some edit to the name - and maybe FW may get renamed as well?
TL - rumor has it possibly going to Discovery land or some such.

So I guess Four may be more accurate?

You see, I personally feel "Discovery Land" would be a much more appropriate name for FW at Epcot. Future World seems to imply a forward-looking approach on technology, society and the environment. I don't feel that's represented today. Discovery Land is much broader and can encompass the Epcot we know today.

Kman101

I agree on naming it Discoveryland but I think it's too hard to get the impression of Paris's Discoveryland out of our heads. Discovery World could work. Or they could name the central plaza with Spaceship Earth one, and East and West each something else but I don't think they'd make it that complex.

Daveeeeed

Discoveryland is very cool, as with Mysterious Island, but World's fairs look to the future technology. Sadly Epcot is a lost concept, but I don't necessarily think Discovery World or Future World will make a massive difference. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom