Grrr, can't think up a dinner reservation on our Magic kingdom day.

DinseyPEI

Liberty Tree Tavern is a must for us every trip. Some other restaraunts we change up from trip to trip, but not Liberty Tree, especially now that you get the Oooey Goooey Toffee Cake for dessert with the Patriot's Platter....

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
We just left 2 days ago- family of 4 all over 18- and ate at BOG for dinner. We LOVED it!! The food was delicious and we were in the main ballroom. My son and I ordered a bottle of wine that was delicious. My son did BOG for breakfast and did not like it but dinner was amazing.

arielrose

Liberty Tree Tavern is always a solid place to eat in MK, as well as many of the monorail resort restaurants that were mentioned above.
Agreed! Every time we come to MK, we HAVE to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. The pot roast is delicious, and if you have big eaters, the pilgrim's feast is great. For dessert, get the ooey gooey toffe cake.

We really like Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. The food has always been good there. I've had their pot roast, fish and chips, burger and colony salad which were all good. The ooey gooey tofee cake is amazing. We brought my parents in law this March and they loved their meal. My boys always like the food too. Good option and not too expensive.

For dinner, we prefer to head out of the park and go to a resort for a TS meal. If not we grab some QS in the park.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
You've gotten a lot of great options already! Just want to add that Liberty Tree Tavern or Ohana are great for big eaters :) Both have great and plentiful food!

Parrain

For me Magic Kingdom is the weakest in restaurant offerings. We've done CRT when the kids where small, we did breakfast at BOG and my family revolted. lol. I have 3 sons and a late husband who were all over 6 ft tall, let's just say they were pretty underwhelmed with a fancy donught and one egg for breakfast.

Throw some suggestions my way. where do you guys eat on your Magic kingdom day? I've got 4 young adults (22-24) and myself. we'll be there August 31st
Leave Magic Kingdom to eat!!! Hop on the Monorail and eat at OHana (Poly) or The Grand Floridian Café.

Dutch Inn '76

Another vote for Liberty Tree and Skipper's. They both have great food, and you can get in. BOG is fine as well, but inaccessible.

We've always enjoyed Columbia Harbor House as well, but it is counter service.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Liberty Tree is always such a nice meal... but if you're not pressed for time, take a boat or a monorail to one of the nearby resorts. Taking a break from the Magic Kingdom and hitting up a place like Trails End is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park...

Littleclown

I have never had a bad meal at Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. It is right around the corner from the Hall Of Presidents and directly in front of you as you leave the Haunted Mansion. The have nice selection for they fussy eaters you aways have in your party.

Littleclown

Just because Columbia Harbour House is counter service you should not try it. It has plenty of seating for the family of 6 and get you in and out and back in the parks after a decent meal.

clarabellej

For me Magic Kingdom is the weakest in restaurant offerings. We've done CRT when the kids where small, we did breakfast at BOG and my family revolted. lol. I have 3 sons and a late husband who were all over 6 ft tall, let's just say they were pretty underwhelmed with a fancy donught and one egg for breakfast.

Throw some suggestions my way. where do you guys eat on your Magic kingdom day? I've got 4 young adults (22-24) and myself. we'll be there August 31st
Park hop over to AK and try Satu’li Canteen. We really enjoyed it. You could even use mobile order and then let them know “we are here!” Works like a charm & they have new larger quantity/platter options! Good for hungry boys!

alisonce04

My family has always loved the Crystal Palace! Even though it is a character buffet (which might not be as exciting for some adults), the decor is beautiful and the food is fantastic. There are plenty of options if your family members are big eaters! I think it would be perfect! My family is planning on going again when we go back!

spock8113

Did the Liberty Tree Tavern "Family Style Dining" .........eh.
Crystal Palace wasn't bad, but..............
Forget reservations: Casey's Corner, Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House. Sit, relax, maybe feed some birds.

BOG- that walks on snow and doesn't leave an impression!
Weird menu but you get a "FunPick" with the Beast.

MK was built as a theme park, not a full "Dining-out" venue.
Simply Walt: Family-fun-food-on-the-go.

Last edited:

danyoung56

Just because Columbia Harbour House is counter service you should not try it. It has plenty of seating for the family of 6 and get you in and out and back in the parks after a decent meal.

I'm guessing you meant to say that just because CHH is counter service is no reason to not try it. And I agree!

CaptainAmerica

You could always just stick with QS that evening. Their burgers are lousy, but I really like the 1/2 chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans at Cosmic Ray's.

I really enjoy the food at Skipper Canteen but I find their service to be incredibly slow.

clarabellej

You could always just stick with QS that evening. Their burgers are lousy, but I really like the 1/2 chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans at Cosmic Ray's.

I really enjoy the food at Skipper Canteen but I find their service to be incredibly slow.
We found ourselves in Cosmic Ray’s this last trip. Had not been in there in years! We unwittingly sat down in the Alien entertainment area. The voice sounds like Bill Murray. I had a somewhat healthy Greek salad with chicken and my daughter had nuggets. The fixin’s bar looked really nice and plentiful. Also caught a glimpse of a great looking Chicken sandwich. We had kind of forgotten about Ray’s. It wasn’t half bad. Wish they would finish the long ongoing renovation. I agree that ADRs are not necessary in MK. Although we’ve done BOG often for lunch. CHH was not as good as we remembered it on our most recent visit.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Shy away from Skipper's Canteen. The steak isnt very good (or at least its current preparation is substandard). we've eaten there 4 times and its been very inconsistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom