Grrr, can't think up a dinner reservation on our Magic kingdom day.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
For me Magic Kingdom is the weakest in restaurant offerings. We've done CRT when the kids where small, we did breakfast at BOG and my family revolted. lol. I have 3 sons and a late husband who were all over 6 ft tall, let's just say they were pretty underwhelmed with a fancy donught and one egg for breakfast.

Throw some suggestions my way. where do you guys eat on your Magic kingdom day? I've got 4 young adults (22-24) and myself. we'll be there August 31st

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you family likes to be a bit adventurous, the Skippers Canteen is quite good. Want to keep it simple, the Plaza Restaurant is a great little hidden gem.

You also might want to look into any of the restaurants at the Monorail resorts and Wilderness lodge or Trails End at Ft Wilderness. If your sons eat like most boys I know, Trails End at Ft Wilderness will be the ticket.

Hockey89

If you family likes to be a bit adventurous, the Skippers Canteen is quite good. Want to keep it simple, the Plaza Restaurant is a great little hidden gem.

You also might want to look into any of the restaurants at the Monorail resorts and Wilderness lodge or Trails End at Ft Wilderness. If your sons eat like most boys I know, Trails End at Ft Wilderness will be the ticket.
I forgot aboutt he Plaza... Their steak sandwich is tasty...

Weather_Lady

We've generally loved TS dining in MK, although OP, I can see why you'd think the MK was a bad place to eat if all you've done is the hideously overpriced BOG breakfast.

Liberty Tree Tavern (all-you-care-to enjoy Thanksgiving-type foods at dinner, a la carte options added for lunch) and Skipper Canteen (a la carte, with one of the more fun and varied menus you'll find on property) are two of my family's favorites. If you just want a good sandwich and dessert and don't need over-the-top theming, The Plaza is a great option: TS food for little more than CS prices.

The character buffet at The Crystal Palace is unexpectedly good, food-wise, if you go for lunch or dinner, although I don't recommend it unless you don't mind a VERY leisurely meal as the character rotation there takes forever and like all character buffets, it's terribly expensive.

Crazydisneygirl

My filmy did not like the Liberty Tree tavern, so we are trying Skippers Canteen for our next trip. We are also eating at 1900 Park Lane for breakfast and a dinner. Just a monorail away

Wendy Pleakley

Skippers Canteen is great.

Some of the other MK sit-down restaurants are brought up pretty consistently as being people's least favorite in-park restaurants (i.e. Tony's Town Square), so I'd avoid them based strictly on word of mouth.

'Ohana at the Polynesian is consistently cited as a fan favorite. I recommend going for a late lunch, and combine lunch/dinner as it is a lot of food.

Rlandrigan

If you're hungry, Liberty Tree Tavern. If you want a fun place to have a drink, eat, talk, Skipper's Canteen, and ask for the library. If you're looking for a respite from the hustle of the Plaza is a great chill spot. But, Kungaloosh! Skipper's Canteen calls!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Liberty Tree's meat platter is all you care to eat.

For breakfast, look for a buffet at one of the monorail resorts, or, you own resort and eat before you head to the parks.

Seeshark

I really enjoyed Skippers Canteen myself. Go on the Jungle Cruise right before you eat ... Most people seem give a thumbs down to Tony's Town Square, but I liked it, or at least I thought the chicken parm was good. Whispering Canyon Cafe over at the WL is a fun time as well. I like BOG for lunch. Liberty Town Tavern on my to-go list next time in MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom