Growing Up Disney

KDiS88

My first trip was when I was 2 yrs old. Disney has been a part of my entire life thanks to my parents. Many of my favorite memories are while we were @ Disney from my Grandpa comforting me when I was little by showing me Timothy the Mouse on top of Dumbo to meeting Youngstown at Tower of Terror when I was a Boyband loving teenager. My most recent and one of my favorite memories was our last trip with my parents sisters and my DH! Watching wishes with my DH was amazing!! Even after "growing up" I still have Disney in my blood!! Thank you DAD and MOM!!
Any of you "grow up Disney"?
I definitely grew up disney. I went to WDW for the first time when I was 1 1/2 yrs old, been every year since (except for '09), a couple times went twice (a total of probably 25 times altogether), have been on 2 disney cruises. Been to DL I think 3 or 4 times. We own just about every disney movie, we used to watch disney channel & toon disney all the time. So yeah I guess you could say we grew up disney... Well you should know, you are my sister

Princess_AmyK

I was so lucky to grow up disney. My grandfather was an amazing man (ww2 vet, science teacher, pastor) and he loved all that walt and disney world stood for. He took my mom to wdw almost every year growing up. When i was 7 my mom and grandpa started taking me and I have gone almost every year since. This past year was my first year away from home and on my own. I told myself I wouldnt let the disney trips stop so i worked hard and got to go this past jan. Now im saving up for next year! I will always have disney in my blood.

danpam1024

No way! My parents were never Mickey Mouse people, lol. They never even considered taking us to Disney, even though I asked a few times, lol.

After I took my son and mom heard about it and saw the pics, she decided shed like to go, too. She apologized to me, out of nowhere, for not taking me as a child. I was like, "It's okay! It's not a big deal!" But she was so sincere and so upset with herself. "No," she said, "You would have loved this. You and your turtlenecks...this would have been wonderful for you. And you only had the boys..." (I used to take my turtlenecks off and leave the neck part around my forehead and say I was a princess with long hair. I was the only girl in our neighborhood, so nobody did girly stuff with me.) Mom felt SO guilty, lol!

She apologized several times for never taking me, lol. Even went home and told my dad how they should have taken us!

I lived through it. :)
that's so sad! But at least you got to experience it together no matter what age (at Disney you're still a kid anyways) ;)

JHASdiz

Original Poster
I definitely grew up disney. I went to WDW for the first time when I was 1 1/2 yrs old, been every year since (except for '09), a couple times went twice (a total of probably 25 times altogether), have been on 2 disney cruises. Been to DL I think 3 or 4 times. We own just about every disney movie, we used to watch disney channel & toon disney all the time. So yeah I guess you could say we grew up disney... Well you should know, you are my sister
;) HI!

itsbetsyh

Sadly I only remember going a few times as a child. And we lived in Florida! My daughter is 5 and has already been more times than I went as a child. We have passes, and always will. I can't imagine our life without Disney. It's a great bonding experience for us and I try to go as much as possible. She will definitely grow up Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom