Ground Zero Flag at Epcot

Sean23

Original Poster
This flag was found by a fireman at ground zero, it is on display at the American Pavillion.

Attachments

• 20020709-001.jpg
    20020709-001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 370

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I kinda doubt that disney will ever do a big memorial, because, as you know, they don't like to dwell too much on the negative.

Pretty cool though...a good tribute.

FutureCEO

that's wierd..is it just me or the WTC flag that they brought out in the opening ceromonies of the olympics was different? I think it was teared in half.

Sean23

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
How long is it going to be on exhibit?

I do not know how long it will be on exhibit, but will be going to Epcot again in the next few days and find out if it is still there.

Originally posted by FutureCEO
that's wierd..is it just me or the WTC flag that they brought out in the opening ceromonies of the olympics was different? I think it was teared in half.

The letter with the flag said it was found at the WTC site, maybe there was more than one flag.

christopher

Originally posted by FutureCEO

I am assuming that this was another flag that they found at the site. Not the one that was brought to the olympics.

IOAfan0183

Wow, I wish I was at EPCOT when they had this flag on display. I would have loved to see it and get a pic of it...thanks Sean23 for the pics.

IOAfan0183

jenjie

This needs a BIG BUMP

Yes the WTC flag is still on display! It is not the one that was flying over the WTC. It is one that was discovered in the rubble. I have heard that it will be on display until (I think) Feb 2004?

It is not a big display, nor are there big signs telling about it. If you don't know to look for it, you probably wouldn't see it. As you go into the American pavillion, it is on the right - on the right wall. This was my one must-see in Epcot. I'm glad I did. I got choked up just walking up to it though.

~Jen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom