Grosvenor Resort??

bossmsx

OK....Since ALL of the hotels within WDW are booked for next week, I now find myself having to look for a room outside of the park....Have my mind set on the Grosvenor Resort (I stayed there long ago in '84 when it was the Dutch Americana)...I don't necessarily know that they'll have rooms either, but I'm optimistic to an extent.
Has anyone reading this ever stayed there in recent memory? Is it a good place? Experiences in general? How good is transportation from the Grosvenor to the parks?:confused:

mej

Last time I stayed there was in July 1996. We got a room in the central tower part, which was great because the other areas seemed to be inhabited solely by Brazilian school groups! We had a car, but there never seemed to be a huge wait for transport! One thing I do remember was that the prices of the Deli in the lobby were exhorbitant!

Upvote 0

Davis224

I also stayed there in later 96. I never ate down in the lobby. But i do remember having lots of tourist groups there. There was a high school band there and I think a CostaRican tour group. They didn't really bother my family any but they did have a presence in the building

Upvote 0

Claire L

Bossmsx,
Stayed at the Grosvenor first in 1990 then again last June for my honeymoon and had a very pleasant stay both times. If you can yet a high floor tower room the views are great, we were on the 16th floor!! Other than that transport is also pretty good to all of the parks, usually buses are on the hour and half hour, road conditions permitting.
Have good stay.
Claire L :)

11 weeks til I'm at WDW and counting, WL lodge this time.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Al

I stayed there in '95. it isnt bad, but i dont remember anything really special about it! but saying that, our stay was perfect and we had no complaints :D

Upvote 0

dentistw

My partner and I stayed there in December of 1998. We requested a room on a high floor with a view of Downtown Disney and were well rewarded.

The staff was friendly and the room clean and well maintained.

AND if you have an ENTERTAINMENT CLUB card you can get 50% off the rates.

Had a car, so can't tell you about transportation.

Upvote 0

bossmsx

Original Poster
Forget about it

Thanks for y'alls input, but the Grosvenor is booked too....I'm going to an apartment-style hotel called "Kissimmee Pines"...Don't ask me what I've gotten myself into, I didn't make the reservation.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

JoniTink

June 2001 @ Grosvenor (LONG POST)

My family and I went to WDW in June of 2001 and we all stayed at the Grosvenor. While I think the entire place could use a coat of paint and maybe some new carpet here and there.......I was quite satisfied! Our room was very clean, orderly, and fully stocked with everything we needed(towels, soap, coffee..etc.). The transportation was pretty good. I don't think we ever waited more than 30 minutes for the bus (but thats because we all got ready so early and were bored in the room). Some days the buses were very crowded as the Grosvenor is the 2nd or 3rd to the last hotel to be picked up. But we were never late for anything(we had a character breakfast all but 2 mornings of our 6 day stay). The snack place inside the lobby is definately expensive, but so is the hotel restaurant. But when it comes down to it.......if you're hungry and don't want to drive to grab a bite to eat......then the lobby snack place is just fine!! I can't remember the actual name of the tower or whatever that we stayed in, but it was facing the parking lot. We had a great view of Downtown Disney.....and we were able to watch the fireworks they had every night(a short show, but very pretty). My only real complaint about the hotel was this lil annoying fella they had downstairs(just past the help desk). EVERY single hour of the day this man was there trying to set up a time when he oculd talk to us about buying a time-share place. After about 3 days in a row of telling this guy NO we finally started exiting the hotel through a different door rather than out the front. Thats my only real complaint........we had a great time......and I would definately stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

bossmsx

Original Poster
Not just the Grosvenor is booked, mind you, but EVERY hotel up and down "Hotel Plaza Blvd" (Downtown Disney)...And inside of the park? Forget it....Don't tell me that the parks are currently experiencing 'slow/weak attendance'...
I still have no clue as to what I'm up for when I go to this Kissimmee Pines Villas place I'm staying at instead...The website (www.kissimmee-pines.com) is very helpful, but only if you speak Brazliian, which, sadly, I'm not equipped for.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Goofette

Oh my goodness!!!! Every Disney hotel is completely booked? I expected this weekend to be busy but I didn't expect that. I can't imagine how the parks will be. I wonder how the end of April is going to be. I was thinking this was a slow time for WDW but guess not. Let us know how things go for you.

Upvote 0

raven

I stay at the Grosvenor all the time. It is my choice resort. The last time was just after the terrorist attacks last September. I got a little nervous because when I arrived, the lobby was chuck full of like 150 guests that I thought were checking in but were checking out!

The "tower" rooms will cost you about $50 more per night. I usually stay on the 3rd level facing the pool area, the courtyard view. It is very peaceful and the view of the lake and area are great. Last September I was the only 1 on my floor!

The rooms are very nice and have a VCR, fridge, coffee maker with coffee, and a safe. They are very clean and you also get a complementary newspaper every morning. I always went up to the 18th floor and down the hallway to the exit stairwell where I was able to see ALL od WDW! You can see the fireworks at MK, Illunimations at Epcot, and Fantasmic at MGM. I video taped a lot from up there.

The food area in the lobby is open 24/7 and you can rent videos too.

My favorite part of Grosvenor is the location. You can walk right accross the street to the Village Marketplace/Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island area, and walk the other way to McDonalds, Taco Bell, Perkins, a pizza place, shops, a supermarket and a drug store to fill up your fridge!

I used my AAA discount and found it to be cheaper than the All Star resorts with the quality of the mid-range Disney resorts. I will always try there first before anything else. Although, now that I am a CM, I get 50% off the resorts so I am now going to try the official Disney way.

Raven/Scott º0ºtower

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom