Groom's Gift

Mejoha

Original Poster
I need help, I am getting marriend on June 16, 2007 and we are going to WDW the day after for our honeymoon. We both just graduated college and don't have that much to spend on eachother or for the honeymoon so I was going to buy him something for the honeymoon. At first I was going to do the segway tour at epcot because he really wants to ride one, but they are too expensive. Does anyone have any cheaper ideas for what a guy might really want to do? Any ideas would be a great help.

Nemo14

I need help, I am getting marriend on June 16, 2007 and we are going to WDW the day after for our honeymoon. We both just graduated college and don't have that much to spend on eachother or for the honeymoon so I was going to buy him something for the honeymoon. At first I was going to do the segway tour at epcot because he really wants to ride one, but they are too expensive. Does anyone have any cheaper ideas for what a guy might really want to do? Any ideas would be a great help.
If you are a AAA member you'll get a discount on the Segway tour.
Also, if he's into plants or gardening, the Behind the Seeds tour is much cheaper than any of the other tours.

Also, you might want to book a carriage ride at POR - very romantic!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Honestly, you don't have to pay for something for him to do. Do things you can afford to do together and build memories as a couple. He'll be happy.

You're on your honeymoon, you shouldn't need to put an effort into being happy! :D

Mejoha

Original Poster
I am actually looking for something the both of us could do. I was just think that instead of a wedding day present I could get him something fun to do on the honeymoon that we wouldn't normally do.

MPitzen

What about a nice dinner one night? You could take him somewhere he would go but that you normally wouldn't. Either way have fun and good luck!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ditto - I was thinking you were asking for ideas of what to give all the groomsmen and "best man" types. Usually it's a cruddy monogrammed keychain no one wants or something similiar. Bridemaids get "lovely" dresses :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would suggest a keepsake for you both to enjoy - something to look back on in years to come. How about some engraved glasswear from MK with the dates of your marriage on ??

It's also something to throw at him if things turn out bad :ROFLOL:

MattyFresh

The wide world of sports is free.....just depends on what events are going on at the time. From a guys standpoint its cool to check out and all....but unless there is alot going on you don't stay all that long. How about going parasailing at one of the resorts or something like that.

JikoMarie

You're supposed to give a wedding day present?????

NOW I know what I did wrong!!!

My groom and I have already decided not to exchange gifts on our wedding day. I mean, we are going to Disney World for our honeymoon for goodness sake! That's a big enough gift for the two of us. Maybe the OP and her groom could strike the same sort of deal and just plan an extra nice meal together while you're there.

Ditto - I was thinking you were asking for ideas of what to give all the groomsmen and "best man" types. Usually it's a cruddy monogrammed keychain no one wants or something similiar. Bridemaids get "lovely" dresses :)

People actually buy their bridesmaids dresses?! I couldn't imagine doing that.

Nansafan

People actually buy their bridesmaids dresses?! I couldn't imagine doing that.

Sorry off topic but I had to post, yes people actually buy their bridesmaid dresses. I have 5 lovely dresses with only 1 that I wore a second time. Colors included, mint green:hurl: , peach:hurl: , pink:hurl: , peach:hurl: and black. The black was for my sister's wedding where she told us to buy a black dress, she didn't care what we wore as long as we liked it. This was the dress I've worn about 5 other times. Where do you live that you don't buy the bridesmaid dresses, I'm just curious?

JikoMarie

Where do you live that you don't buy the bridesmaid dresses, I'm just curious?

I'm in Eastern Canada. It is not customary to buy your bridesmaid's dresses here unless you are rich. It is their contribution to the wedding typically to buy their dresses. Besides, why would I buy something for someone that they weren't going to use again? By them paying for it themselves, I've given them more say. In fact, they decided to rent their dresses for a very reasonable price. To me, you having five dresses that you will never wear again is a waste of money.

Nansafan

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant as a bridesmaid, you didn't buy your dress and that you got it some other way i.e. rented, etc. Here in Chicago it is customary for the bridesmaid to buy their own dress and I was a bridesmaid 5 different times which is why I have 5 dresses. My mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom