Grocery Stores near WDW

IheartWDW

:wave:Good Morning,

Im heading "home" in January and had a question. I was wondering if anyone knew where the closest grocery store is off property that I can get to via cab from the Wilderness Lodge. And if possible if anyone knew an estimated price for the cab ride its self. I don't need to go to any place special. I just would need to pickup the basics like eggs, milk, and snacks that I can't bring on the plane.

Thanks in advance for all your help and answers!!

Nicole

JohnWeckwerth

I ordered from gardengrocer.com and was very pleased. We had barely got into room when they arrived. We brought dry goods with us and ordered mostly breakfast items and soda. Was nice not having to waste time there.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There are actually three Hess on Disney property, the two already mentioned - the one right across Boardwalk (possibly take a bus to Boardwalk, walk like 5 minutes to Hess right across the entrance) and the one by Downtown Disney across where the Pleasure Island sign was (also bus-able). The third and largest one is actually in the Magic Kingdom area. It's past the drive-up entrance and is literally right around there. This also may be bus-able if you were to go to the Ticket and Transportation Center, and you might be able to walk to the Hess by foot. This Hess actually has basically what is a food court area, and a large (in terms of convenient stores) grocery area.

If you don't mind walking right at a mile with bags of groceries. :eek:

I would say that it IS NOT in walking distance especially considering all parking lots, traffic, intersections and lack of sidewalks.

But on second thought... Disney security might pick you up and give you a ride. :hammer: :lol:

Upvote 0

Whimsy

Haha, oh yea - my bad! Come to think of it, I guess the Ticket and Transportation isn't that close to that Hess. :hammer: It's still a third Hess on Disney property though! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

IheartWDW

Original Poster
I ordered from gardengrocer.com and was very pleased. We had barely got into room when they arrived. We brought dry goods with us and ordered mostly breakfast items and soda. Was nice not having to waste time there.

I looked at that website and I think that's the route we are going to take...

It seems to be the easiest and the best way to not loose time at the world!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT!!!!!!!!!!

DISNEY FANS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE!

Have a magical day :)

and Happy Halloween!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom