Grocery Stop Help Please!

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
OK, getting to be that time that I need to reserve my town car ride to and from the resort. (I'm staying @ Swan so no ME for us this time...)

I have heard high recommendations for taking advantage of the complimentary grocery stop that many companies offer and have decided it's a great idea to stock up on water, juice boxes, some snacks etc.

So, of course questions arise: Are there any grocery stores in that route that any of you in the know recommend for a quick in and out? Has anyone done this stop? If so, please share your experiences, good and bad. Also, some places recommend getting a cheap cooler at the store to use in the room. Anyone have any ideas on this? Swan only has the in-room fridge which they charge $20 to use, plus it has their stuff in it so I can't imagine it would be able to fit much.

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! :wave:

We used towncar service in January and had a grocery stop. We said we wanted to go to Publix and he took us to one close to WDW. If you've requested a stop usually the drivers know the ones in the area. Try not to go to Gooding's by DTD; it's expensive.

shmmrname

We usually bring our water, snacks and other goodies with us, but now we have 5 people pilgrimaging in a little Saturn, so we too are going to have to go shopping in FL.

NO GOODINGS, check.

tigsmom

Publix all the way.

Water, juice boxes trail mix, peanutbutter crackers and cheese & cracker packs as they can double as a quick meal instead of a snack if need be. :wave:

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
Thanks everyone.....sounds like Publix is the winner! :cool:

PS Sorry I posted in the wrong section at first......

Any ideas on a cooler?

shmmrname

TARGET?
Can you tell me the ADDRESS or DIRECTIONS from PO:FQ/DTD? Is it close. It would be ideal as we all have Target Credit Cards to use up...

mauradee2003

I just looked at my receipt from the grocery stop we made last week...it was at Publix in Lakeland FL. Very nice store and not crowded at all! :wave:

swimmom

We also stopped at the Publix last December to pick up bottled water, soft drinks & snacks. I also remember it to not be very crowded. We were in and out of the store in about 10-15 minutes. The soft-sided cooler my be a good idea, since there's no guarantee of getting a stryofoam cooler at the grocery store.

matrtj

We were in and out of Publix/WalMart stores there over the last two weeks, and they all have the styrofoam coolers in stock - I think in WalMart they are on the 'wrong' side of the checkouts, stacked up against the walls.

Tim G

shmmrname said:
TARGET?
Can you tell me the ADDRESS or DIRECTIONS from PO:FQ/DTD? Is it close. It would be ideal as we all have Target Credit Cards to use up...
IMO there's one on the (what I call) rhe old bronson Highway... Coming from Disney, it's past Orange Blossom, or maybe even further, somewhere on the left hand side...

Too far for me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom