Grocery Delivery Options (Garden Grocer - Walmart?)

BoardWalkin'

We ( @baskinthemagic and I ) are getting ready for our next 13 day visit to the BoardWalk Villas! (So Excited!!)

We like to get breakfast and a few lunches in our room so I went to the Garden Grocer website to submit our usual order. I see that since last July, they no longer give discount for placing advanced orders. I went on to learn that their pricing is even more ridiculous than ever.... (such as $11.00 for a tub of potato salad!)

I checked out Dizzy Dolphin and they are just as bad. I was thinking of just putting in a Walmart order and having them delivered as early as possible on our second day so I can be there to get our beer and wine. I'm just wondering if anyone has used Walmart for delivery lately and how things went. Perhaps there is an even better option than Walmart that we don't even know about? How can I be sure which Walmart delivers to the BoardWalk?

I just don't want it taking up park time. DH is not an early riser so if I get an early morning delivery it should work out great.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
We ( @baskinthemagic and I ) are getting ready for our next 13 day visit to the BoardWalk Villas! (So Excited!!)

We like to get breakfast and a few lunches in our room so I went to the Garden Grocer website to submit our usual order. I see that since last July, they no longer give discount for placing advanced orders. I went on to learn that their pricing is even more ridiculous than ever.... (such as $11.00 for a tub of potato salad!)

I checked out Dizzy Dolphin and they are just as bad. I was thinking of just putting in a Walmart order and having them delivered as early as possible on our second day so I can be there to get our beer and wine. I'm just wondering if anyone has used Walmart for delivery lately and how things went. Perhaps there is an even better option than Walmart that we don't even know about? How can I be sure which Walmart delivers to the BoardWalk?

I just don't want it taking up park time. DH is not an early riser so if I get an early morning delivery it should work out great.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!
We've never used Walmart Delivery on our WDW trips but this would, I think, be the closest Supercenter to the Boardwalk.

https://www.walmart.com/store/5420-kissimmee-fl/shopping-services

Upvote 0
We have used vacation grocery delivery. They are great to work with they will text you if something is out of stock and what you would like for a replacement. They drop off at bell services. They are laid off Disney employees and started their own little business I highly recommend them!

Upvote 0

BoardWalkin'

Original Poster
We've never used Walmart Delivery on our WDW trips but this would, I think, be the closest Supercenter to the Boardwalk.

https://www.walmart.com/store/5420-kissimmee-fl/shopping-services
Thank you for the great information!
We have used vacation grocery delivery. They are great to work with they will text you if something is out of stock and what you would like for a replacement. They drop off at bell services. They are laid off Disney employees and started their own little business I highly recommend them!
Awesome! I'll be sure to check them out. Thank you!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Prices for groceries everywhere are ridiculous. Using any grocery service that will deliver to a vacation resort will be pricier than if you visited your local store yourself. Expect to pay semi-outrageous prices.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We used Walmart last year when we stayed at OKW. They had everything we ordered ( aimless water, some breakfast things, and a few snacks). Pretty sure they texted when our delivery was dropped off and when we came back for our afternoon break, we called and had bell services bring it by. We’ve also used Amazon in the past. For us, it doesn’t really matter who we use as we don’t have any alcohol in our orders, fwiw.

Upvote 0

BoardWalkin'

Original Poster
We used Walmart last year when we stayed at OKW. They had everything we ordered ( aimless water, some breakfast things, and a few snacks). Pretty sure they texted when our delivery was dropped off and when we came back for our afternoon break, we called and had bell services bring it by. We’ve also used Amazon in the past. For us, it doesn’t really matter who we use as we don’t have any alcohol in our orders, fwiw.
Thanks for the information! I'm glad to hear that the Walmart order went smoothly as we have Walmart+ so we can get free delivery and pricing is the same as in the store. I never considered Amazon so I will check them out too. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

ToInfinity

We have used Shipt via the Super Target nearby multiple times. They deliver to Bell Services and they will hold it for you until you are able to pick it up. It has always gone so well! We usually set it to be delivered about an hour before we anticipate being at the resort but you could do it any time. The shopper will even text you and ask you questions if they have any while they are picking out your items and offer substitutions.

Upvote 0

BoardWalkin'

Original Poster
We have used Shipt via the Super Target nearby multiple times. They deliver to Bell Services and they will hold it for you until you are able to pick it up. It has always gone so well! We usually set it to be delivered about an hour before we anticipate being at the resort but you could do it any time. The shopper will even text you and ask you questions if they have any while they are picking out your items and offer substitutions.
Thanks for the great information. I've never used Shipt but have heard of them. I'll definitely check them out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom