News Grizzly River Run Reopens on May 7th

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
GRRUN.jpg

waltography

I have found GGR is a fun but relaxing with being rapid ride. It only good attraction from DCA 2000 era. But it lacks AA that Disney known to showcase. Which desperately needs. Your just immersing in of pretend California wilderness.
But also note that pretend California wilderness is very good, more than it has any right to be. It's kind of wild to me how Grizzly Peak can maintain its serene national park vibe to it (especially in the long stretch of walkway past Soarin').

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Arguably the best ride at the park when you consider placemaking and repeatability. It’s a few quality AAs away from being the undisputed champ at DCA.

I have found GGR is a fun but relaxing with being rapid ride. It only good attraction from DCA 2000 era. But it lacks AA that Disney known to showcase. Which desperately needs. Your just immersing in of pretend California wilderness.
Don't get me wrong, it's not because I don't like it or never wanted to. I rode the Great America equivalent Rip Roaring Rapids more time than I can count.

I think it's because on hot days Fastpasses go quickly for it and we just didn't want to wait in line. And of course, on not-so-hot days we just don't want to get soaked.

I actually haven't ridden Splash Mountain in a few years for that same reason. Unless it's fairly hot and my clothes can dry quickly I don't like to get soaked unless I have fairly easy access to my hotel (like if it's across the street). Of course, I'm for sure riding Splash this upcoming trip since I don't know when I'm going again and it could very well be my last chance. 😢

DLR92

But also note that pretend California wilderness is very good, more than it has any right to be. It's kind of wild to me how Grizzly Peak can maintain its serene national park vibe to it (especially in the long stretch of walkway past Soarin').
I think the areacaptured very well of the essence of CA wilderness. It area would have been great if Disney could somehow make Giant Sequoia thrive in SoCal climate. 😁

Darkbeer1

Two comments....

>> It only good attraction from DCA 2000 era.<<

It was a decent attraction, especially compared to the rest of the park. But Soarin' over California and California Screamin' were better.

But like GRR, Soarin' would have been much better with the planned queue and pre-show.

I am still impressed with what Garner Holt did to Knott's Calico River Rapids.

CaptinEO

This is a surprisingly great rapids ride. Just the right amount of thrills that everyone can enjoy it and have fun. The scenery is great too.

If you ride this at night it becomes completely terrifying as there is very low light.

t0nmontana

Two comments....

>> It only good attraction from DCA 2000 era.<<

It was a decent attraction, especially compared to the rest of the park. But Soarin' over California and California Screamin' were better.

But like GRR, Soarin' would have been much better with the planned queue and pre-show.

I am still impressed with what Garner Holt did to Knott's Calico River Rapids.

What is this original planned queue and pre-show for Soarin' you speak of?

Little Green Men

GRR is in my top 3 fave rides in DL resort. I love River Rapids rides in general, and this one is really great. However Kali River Rapids in AK is one of the worst river rapids ive ever been on. *** AK?
Kali is fine. Th queue is top notch. The fire effects still working would be better and GRR lasts longer too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom