Grizzly Gulch - Coming to WDW?

SMRT-1

Original Poster
Grizzly-Gulch-241x300.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/grizzly-gulch-grows-at-hong-kong-disneyland/

looks pretty nice!

jt04

As I am rookie... please share. This will be the Dwarfs Mine Cart Roller Coaster?

No the OP is refering to a ride being installed in Hong Kong and they are wondering if it might be installed in Frontierland at the MK. Basically it is BTMRR with a different theme. I was just speculating that the ride theme could be overlayed on an existing attraction. I can dream.

This thread is not about the new coaster being installed in the FLE.

Vader2112

I know that several people have the dream that Tom Saywer Island will get an E ticket. Saw some of the concept and another video the other day that looks like the general ride base could be used for the Dwarf Mine Carts.
Just wondering if they had any other speculation...

Jakester

If this where to come to WDW, I can tell you its not fitting for Epcot, Magic Kingdom could possibly put it within Adventureland, but thats unlikely without ripping out Jungle Cruise or Treehouse (2 Icons of Magic Kingdom)
I could possibly see this at DHS or Animal Kingdom.

jt04

If this where to come to WDW, I can tell you its not fitting for Epcot, Magic Kingdom could possibly put it within Adventureland, but thats unlikely without ripping out Jungle Cruise or Treehouse (2 Icons of Magic Kingdom)
I could possibly see this at DHS or Animal Kingdom.

The only logical place is Frontierland. Either on the giant expansion pad or as an overlay to an existing attraction. Much potential with that.

I would also add that unless Disney is working on a franchise on the theme there will never be a version built at WDW.

jt04

Well the story would lend itself to a movie....Ughhh.

It definitely does I think. Impossible to judge without knowing details but it has as much potential as any other vehicle they may currently be considering. They may have an amazing concept percolating.

RSoxNo1

In theory a version of this could go in Canada, but a more logical area would be the Animal Kingdom. I'd love to see bears in the Animal Kingdom in a North America area.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Having another coaster in Frontierland would be overkill.

I can definitely see this being a World Showcase or Animal Kingdom attraction.

Tom Morrow

Grizzly Gulch uses the same track switching system, lift, trains, etc. as Everest. The main feature, like Everest, is that it goes forward and backward.

I don't think we'll be seeing this at WDW.

Kuhio

At the very least, Grizzly Gulch is going to be exclusive to HKDL for five (I think) years, per the agreement put in place when this land and two others (Toy Story Land and Mystic Point) were developed.

Even after that point, I doubt it would come to WDW in anything close to its actual form and theme. As others have pointed out, it would be almost redundant in Frontierland, and although it has a different layout, its ride system is still too similar to Everest for it to go in DAK (which is supposed to get its next big attractions with an Avatar theme, anyway).

I guess the coaster structure and layout could go in Epcot or DHS with a different theme, but I would guess that it's still relatively unlikely, due to space constraints and other reasons.

That said, it would be nice to see references to the town of Grizzly Gulch added to background theming in the MK, as appropriate -- maybe as another fictitious station on the WDW RR, or as the address on crates in Frontierland. I love it when the Disney parks drop those kinds of cross references -- the subtler, the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom