Greetings from hhn.

Lee

Adventurer
If you can do the 15th, I can get you a really good discount on the tickets though. Lemme know.

btw, I lost your number

Nah..15 is no good. Gotta be a Saturday due to my schedule. I'll let you know...and pm you my number.

pheneix

Opening night was significantly better than rehearsal night, so maybe there is a bit of hope for this event after all. At least the cast had some motivation. I actually got a few more scares than I usually do during HHN.

I'm not too psyched about this year overall, but it is better than last year. Still not comparable to years past at USF though. They need to start taking risks like Busch instead of sticking to the same old formula.

Oh yeah, the cinesphere show is a complete waste of time. Don't bother with it if you go to HHN.

typhoonguy

Opening night was significantly better than rehearsal night, so maybe there is a bit of hope for this event after all. At least the cast had some motivation. I actually got a few more scares than I usually do during HHN.

I'm not too psyched about this year overall, but it is better than last year. Still not comparable to years past at USF though. They need to start taking risks like Busch instead of sticking to the same old formula.

Oh yeah, the cinesphere show is a complete waste of time. Don't bother with it if you go to HHN.
so you think HHN this year is better than last years? Any particular reasons?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster

oh good to hear... I'll try to go next week... hopefully I don't get blocked with my tripod this time.

pheneix

so you think HHN this year is better than last years? Any particular reasons?

Maybe it's a hokey personal reason, but I am really, really, really happy to see Halloween Horror Nights back at Universal Studios. I also think the houses are a step up from last year, though I don't think any one house in particular beats Body Collectors. None of them come close to After Hours at Busch Gardens either, probably the best house ever made in this state. But still, they are not as good as they should be. It's obvious that Universal's financial incompetency has impacted HHN this year.

I think Deadtropolis and Harvest of Souls are really good streets. Way better than previous attempts at their theme. Blood Masquerade is a complete disaster. Don't waste your time with it. The big, big, BIG problem with streets is that aside from those scare zones, there really are not any scareactors roaming the park. There simply are not as many actors this year as in the past.

Bill and Ted is the swing vote. That show is phenomonal this year. I love every second of it.

hopefully I don't get blocked with my tripod this time

I wouldn't even bother bringing it. It is SUPPOSED to be SOP to block tripods at the front gates during HHN. But we all know how that goes...

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wouldn't even bother bringing it. It is SUPPOSED to be SOP to block tripods at the front gates during HHN. But we all know how that goes...
so I guess I'll be entering through the back :)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can you still do that lol? Just get a faster lens and a nice flash and you won't need a tripod :animwink:
Just like you, I also am a Universal Orlando Entertainment Employee ;)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've been seasonal with UO since 1998 :lookaroun

pheneix

lol, employment out there is not good enough to hang on to, but too good to throw away. Especially when we get free admission to Busch.

Speaking of which, anyone been to Howl O Scream this year? I'm thinking about heading to Tampa this Thursday to revisit After Hours.

JROK

I work for Universal Studios not Universal Orlando... :brick: Or is it Universal-NBC Studios?

I'll be going to Howl-o-Scream this Thursday as well... a whole bunch of HHN scareactors are going because it's the only night we have off and they are doing the event... I'll have a trip report...

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you sure it isn't Universal City Development Partners? :lookaroun

rowEn

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Taking my daughter (16) and we're doing the RIP tour on Sunday the 8th.

Can't wait to see everything!

rowEn

pheneix

The RIP tour is a fun experience. You guys are gonna love it. Be sure to keep an close eye on your tour guide though. It's really easy to get seperated from your guide while roaming the streets.

PencilTest

Okay, first thing's first. When you go on Employee Preview, it won't be nearly as good as the following weeks. I've said it before. JROK has said it before. Lots of people have said it before. We could go round and round discussing why Universal should A) have more rehearsals or B) charge less for opening weekend, not to mention probably ten other "solutions". But it is what it is. So if you go on Employee Preview and expect your pants to be blown off and they aren't, well, you should maybe know that by now. Does that suck? Sure. But again, it is what it is.

I hear about "risk-taking" a lot. I'm curious as to what risks we might be referring to. Story-wise? Theme-wise? Intensity? Help me out here. But keep in mind that HHN doesn't get carte blanche. I've no doubt in my mind that Creative would go all-out crazy if they had the ability, but the fact is management still has to set guidelines. In the litigation-happy society we live in, it doesn't surprise me that a giant, publicity-concientious company like Universal plays it safe at times. Sometimes you have to. But I'd still love to hear ideas. By the way, the RUN house (my humble abode) has already sent several people to health services and the hospital due to panic attacks. So that should say something.

I went to Howl-o-Scream on Thursday the 6th, 'cause it's the only night we can go. And you can say I'm biased if you want, but it is pitiful compared to HHN. And I went in there wanting to be impressed. The only advantage that HOS has is that their houses are longer. However, HHN is better at theming, detail, number of scareactors, and pretty much anything else you can list. I've heard a number of people say that HOS was better than HHN last year, and since I didn't go I can't say one way or the other. But I sincerely hope it was better than this year. I can give more details if anyone cares, but I've already rambled on too much.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, first thing's first. When you go on Employee Preview, it won't be nearly as good as the following weeks. I've said it before. JROK has said it before. Lots of people have said it before. We could go round and round discussing why Universal should A) have more rehearsals or B) charge less for opening weekend, not to mention probably ten other "solutions". But it is what it is. So if you go on Employee Preview and expect your pants to be blown off and they aren't, well, you should maybe know that by now. Does that suck? Sure. But again, it is what it is.

Granted, it's far from being a professional event... I still expect to be impressed. Not have my pants blown off. I've been 3 times this year, so far, I'm not impressed.

I hear about "risk-taking" a lot. I'm curious as to what risks we might be referring to. Story-wise? Theme-wise? Intensity? Help me out here. But keep in mind that HHN doesn't get carte blanche. I've no doubt in my mind that Creative would go all-out crazy if they had the ability, but the fact is management still has to set guidelines. In the litigation-happy society we live in, it doesn't surprise me that a giant, publicity-concientious company like Universal plays it safe at times. Sometimes you have to. But I'd still love to hear ideas. By the way, the RUN house (my humble abode) has already sent several people to health services and the hospital due to panic attacks. So that should say something.

4 years ago in Maximum Carnage, we had to close the house caused multiple guests had seizures at the same time, and this happened more than one time :D I win! WOOHOO!!

As for Carte Blanche, if entertainment spent their budget on something other than giving themselves bonuses, they'd have a truly great event on their hands. HHN is an example of UO mismanaging funds.

I went to Howl-o-Scream on Thursday the 6th, 'cause it's the only night we can go. And you can say I'm biased if you want, but it is pitiful compared to HHN. And I went in there wanting to be impressed. The only advantage that HOS has is that their houses are longer. However, HHN is better at theming, detail, number of scareactors, and pretty much anything else you can list. I've heard a number of people say that HOS was better than HHN last year, and since I didn't go I can't say one way or the other. But I sincerely hope it was better than this year. I can give more details if anyone cares, but I've already rambled on too much.

HOS is a superior event. Hands down

haveyoumetmark

We've been going to HOS forever now, and we we've been wanting to go to HHN for a while now because we keep hearing HOS is pale in comparison. Haven't been to any this year yet, planning on going in a weeek or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom