Greetings and salutations

Darksean

Original Poster
I thought I might post a bit, so in anticipation I wanted to introduce myself. Neighborly thing to do.

Some of my all-time favorite memories are of my family at Disney. I can't go as often as I'd like, but try to go every other year. I'm a divorced father and my youngest daughter (who lives with me full time) is 17 and is starting her senior year. I wanted to have one more trip with her before she graduates and spreads her wings.

We planned to go 9/13-18 way back in January and made a reservation for Pop Century. Then, the world flipped. It looks like we're still going to go in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the short lines. The incredibly cheap airfare was nice. Sucks no parades and fireworks, but we can live without meet and greets. I am VERY not happy with Savi's still being closed.

One more trip with her, just us two. Depending on our experience, there is a possibility of a quick turnaround to take advantage of the reduced capacity (though from what I can tell, the bounceback program isn't currently bouncy).

Of course part of me wants to go work somewhere at Disneyworld when I retire. I could SO be an old codger throwing around dead puns whilst working the Haunted Mansion.

There is a wealth of information here, and I thank everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences. I apologize up front if I ask anything that's been answered a hundred times. I have been going through threads though.

This post is way too long.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I thought I might post a bit, so in anticipation I wanted to introduce myself. Neighborly thing to do.

Some of my all-time favorite memories are of my family at Disney. I can't go as often as I'd like, but try to go every other year. I'm a divorced father and my youngest daughter (who lives with me full time) is 17 and is starting her senior year. I wanted to have one more trip with her before she graduates and spreads her wings.

We planned to go 9/13-18 way back in January and made a reservation for Pop Century. Then, the world flipped. It looks like we're still going to go in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the short lines. The incredibly cheap airfare was nice. Sucks no parades and fireworks, but we can live without meet and greets. I am VERY not happy with Savi's still being closed.

One more trip with her, just us two. Depending on our experience, there is a possibility of a quick turnaround to take advantage of the reduced capacity (though from what I can tell, the bounceback program isn't currently bouncy).

Of course part of me wants to go work somewhere at Disneyworld when I retire. I could SO be an old codger throwing around dead puns whilst working the Haunted Mansion.

There is a wealth of information here, and I thank everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences. I apologize up front if I ask anything that's been answered a hundred times. I have been going through threads though.

This post is way too long.
Hi there!
Welcome to the Forums. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom