• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Greetings and salutations

Darksean

Original Poster
I thought I might post a bit, so in anticipation I wanted to introduce myself. Neighborly thing to do.

Some of my all-time favorite memories are of my family at Disney. I can't go as often as I'd like, but try to go every other year. I'm a divorced father and my youngest daughter (who lives with me full time) is 17 and is starting her senior year. I wanted to have one more trip with her before she graduates and spreads her wings.

We planned to go 9/13-18 way back in January and made a reservation for Pop Century. Then, the world flipped. It looks like we're still going to go in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the short lines. The incredibly cheap airfare was nice. Sucks no parades and fireworks, but we can live without meet and greets. I am VERY not happy with Savi's still being closed.

One more trip with her, just us two. Depending on our experience, there is a possibility of a quick turnaround to take advantage of the reduced capacity (though from what I can tell, the bounceback program isn't currently bouncy).

Of course part of me wants to go work somewhere at Disneyworld when I retire. I could SO be an old codger throwing around dead puns whilst working the Haunted Mansion.

There is a wealth of information here, and I thank everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences. I apologize up front if I ask anything that's been answered a hundred times. I have been going through threads though.

This post is way too long.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I thought I might post a bit, so in anticipation I wanted to introduce myself. Neighborly thing to do.

Some of my all-time favorite memories are of my family at Disney. I can't go as often as I'd like, but try to go every other year. I'm a divorced father and my youngest daughter (who lives with me full time) is 17 and is starting her senior year. I wanted to have one more trip with her before she graduates and spreads her wings.

We planned to go 9/13-18 way back in January and made a reservation for Pop Century. Then, the world flipped. It looks like we're still going to go in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the short lines. The incredibly cheap airfare was nice. Sucks no parades and fireworks, but we can live without meet and greets. I am VERY not happy with Savi's still being closed.

One more trip with her, just us two. Depending on our experience, there is a possibility of a quick turnaround to take advantage of the reduced capacity (though from what I can tell, the bounceback program isn't currently bouncy).

Of course part of me wants to go work somewhere at Disneyworld when I retire. I could SO be an old codger throwing around dead puns whilst working the Haunted Mansion.

There is a wealth of information here, and I thank everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences. I apologize up front if I ask anything that's been answered a hundred times. I have been going through threads though.

This post is way too long.
Hi there!
Welcome to the Forums. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom