Great photos of the Dream in Alaska

ChuckElias

I saw these posted on Facebook. They are beautiful. I didn't realize it until I saw the pics, but I guess Tracy Arm sort of takes the place of going into Glacier Bay, which I think is more "traditional" for Alaskan cruises. Glacier Bay was really cool, but I have to say Tracy Arm looks pretty beautiful.

Yikes, looks like that would be one Chilly cruise!
My wife and I cruised in Alaska for our 10th anniversary. We were on board over the week of July 4, and it was cold. Also, they don't tell you until you get there, but Southwestern Alaska is part of the only temperate rain forest in North America. So don't be surprised if it rains 5 out of your 7 days on the ship.

That will be me in a little over three weeks!!:sohappy:
We'll miss you by a bit. We sail on June 28 (my wife's birthday :) )!!

Disneyfalcon

I saw these posted on Facebook. They are beautiful. I didn't realize it until I saw the pics, but I guess Tracy Arm sort of takes the place of going into Glacier Bay, which I think is more "traditional" for Alaskan cruises. Glacier Bay was really cool, but I have to say Tracy Arm looks pretty beautiful.

My wife and I cruised in Alaska for our 10th anniversary. We were on board over the week of July 4, and it was cold. Also, they don't tell you until you get there, but Southwestern Alaska is part of the only temperate rain forest in North America. So don't be surprised if it rains 5 out of your 7 days on the ship.

We'll miss you by a bit. We sail on June 28 (my wife's birthday :) )!!

We will miss you! Too bad. We've got 7 cabins of friends and family on this one!:)

popsicletrees

To all of you going on the Alaskan Cruise:

My husband and I went on an Alaskan Cruise through Royal Caribbean last May. Our cruise went through Tracy Arm Fjord. I don't know what time the Disney cruise will go through that area, but we had to wake up at 4:00 A.M. to see the boat go through the fjord. It was worth every minute! By the time we got to the end of the fjord, saw the glacier, and watched a bit of the trip out of the fjord it was around 8:00 A.M. I am so glad that we woke up early for this. It was my husband's favorite part of the trip.

Disneyfalcon

To all of you going on the Alaskan Cruise:

My husband and I went on an Alaskan Cruise through Royal Caribbean last May. Our cruise went through Tracy Arm Fjord. I don't know what time the Disney cruise will go through that area, but we had to wake up at 4:00 A.M. to see the boat go through the fjord. It was worth every minute! By the time we got to the end of the fjord, saw the glacier, and watched a bit of the trip out of the fjord it was around 8:00 A.M. I am so glad that we woke up early for this. It was my husband's favorite part of the trip.

Thanks, Rachel!! The pictures in Tracy Arm are amazing!

Fla_Purls

I am actually on the wonder right now, waiting to dock at Ketchikan. Yep it sure is cold!! Beautiful but so so cold (at least from the perspective of a Floridian). I wish they had heaters of some sort on the outside decks, but having a windbreaker sure does help, along with all the hot cocoa.

For the person that mentioned Tracy Arm, we went through in the early afternoon, and left the area at about 6pm, so no inconvenience for anyone there. It was a bit drizzly though that day and a lot of people camped out early in areas with a bit of cover to take in the view.

Also the laws up here prevented them from doing any fireworks and even at Juneau they couldn't blow the horn when we were leaving port. Not really a huge complaint though when you've got views like this for 7 straight days!!

Disneyfalcon

I am actually on the wonder right now, waiting to dock at Ketchikan. Yep it sure is cold!! Beautiful but so so cold (at least from the perspective of a Floridian). I wish they had heaters of some sort on the outside decks, but having a windbreaker sure does help, along with all the hot cocoa.

For the person that mentioned Tracy Arm, we went through in the early afternoon, and left the area at about 6pm, so no inconvenience for anyone there. It was a bit drizzly though that day and a lot of people camped out early in areas with a bit of cover to take in the view.

Also the laws up here prevented them from doing any fireworks and even at Juneau they couldn't blow the horn when we were leaving port. Not really a huge complaint though when you've got views like this for 7 straight days!!

Awesome! We are going to need a detailed trip report when you get back! We leave in two weeks!:)

MarkTwain

Thanks for the update! We sail out on either July 5 or 6... I can't be bothered to look up what the date is. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom