Great Muppet Ride

Muppets

The only reason Disney bought muppets was to devalue them as they were becoming more popular than mickey was at that time, aka kill the competition. a whole generation has missed out on what we grew up with. the muppets kermit and miss piggy and company. its only now that what the have is stale and outdated are they going FINALLY make a muppet movie. i wish someone would buy out the muppets from disney so they wont be suppressed and mothballed, heck the 3-d show is 25 years outdated never updated.

hammysammy59

Yeah, I think the current performers are fine, but man the writing has NEVER bounced back from losing Jim H. I know Muppet Christmas Carol and even Treasure Island have their fans, but the only quality Muppet movies are the original trilogy (Muppet Movie, Caper, Take Manhattan). Heh, just like Star Wars.

I've actually got a ton of faith in Jason Segel for this new movie. He's a super funny dude, and I know he's done a lot of puppeteering between acting gigs. Seems like he should be The Muppets' best bet outside of raising Henson from the dead.

Magenta Panther

The only reason Disney bought muppets was to devalue them as they were becoming more popular than mickey was at that time, aka kill the competition. a whole generation has missed out on what we grew up with. the muppets kermit and miss piggy and company. its only now that what the have is stale and outdated are they going FINALLY make a muppet movie. i wish someone would buy out the muppets from disney so they wont be suppressed and mothballed, heck the 3-d show is 25 years outdated never updated.

Frankly, I wish someone would buy out the Muppets from Disney too, but for different reasons :D Same deal with Marvel.

Also, at the time the Muppets were purchased (in 2004), Disney had made a huge comeback; it hardly needed them or feared them as competition. If anything, the Muppets needed Disney. Just sayin'.

erasure fan1

First, the muppets were pretty stale and outdated when Disney bought them. I think Disney saved them from going into complete irrelevance. Even though Disneys work with them hasnt been all that great, it was/is exposure. Secondly Muppet vision isnt really outdated, a bit broken down and needing some TLC maybe but it doesnt need to be updated.

mimitchi33

The Great Muppet Ride was to be a spoof of It's A Small World with Muppet characters. It was going to join the Muppet 3D movie as part of a new Muppet theme section of DHS. Jim Henson himself supervised the planning of the ride before he died. From my understanding, planning and design work was completed before Henson's death, but, because the sale of the Henson Co. to Disney fell apart (and because of Henson's sudden death), the ride and the rest of the plans for the Muppet "land" died as well.

Oh, how cool! When is this going to open? As Rex said in Toy Story 3, "I can't hardly wait!".

About the Disney owning Marvel thing, last November, I saw some Marvel stuff at the NYC Disney store, but none at any other ones (The Vinylmations are another examples, except the one at the nearest mall has Vinylmations). But if Disney opened a Marvel ride, it may cause Universal's IOA to close Superhero Island down for good and move their most popular rides to Disney! Then, WWOHP will have longer waits if this happens!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom