deleted

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right now

IMG_7840.JPG

Thanks to Chris.

Johnny Three-hats

So I had a dream last night that I got to have a ride on Energy before it closed. My subconscious is cruel like that and this isn't the first time. I feel like a big dork being this sentimental over this ride and pavilion, but that's just how I feel.

Anyway, this thread is about appreciation, isn't it? I've sung the praises of Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round) in a couple other threads, but I'm particularly fond of this rendition. I didn't even recognize the song when I first heard it and that's a mark of genius as far as I'm concerned.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So I had a dream last night that I got to have a ride on Energy before it closed. My subconscious is cruel like that and this isn't the first time. I feel like a big dork being this sentimental over this ride and pavilion, but that's just how I feel.

Anyway, this thread is about appreciation, isn't it? I've sung the praises of Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round) in a couple other threads, but I'm particularly fond of this rendition. I didn't even recognize the song when I first heard it and that's a mark of genius as far as I'm concerned.

That's from the original park entrance loop. Surprisingly they played it at ropedrop last year!

Gave me goosebumps

mf1972

i can't say i had many good memories of energy adventure. last time we rode it, i got a splitting headache for it being so loud, lol. i did like the ride vehicles & the dinosaur scene.
as far as the movie ride, we rode it every time we went to HS. kind of cheesy, but it's enjoyable. my wife always got creeped out by the witch animatronic, & usually got a laugh out of the John Wayne clip "no you don't Ethan!"
thanks for the memories

forgot to add it took me forever to find the hidden mickey/donald in the raiders scene. finally found it 2 years ago...whew!

Last edited:

Clamman73

And even the current entrance music is becoming more and more "extinct replaced rides of FutureWorld Epcot" music...tomorrow will add the second in 2017 of rides removed/refurbed of music loop portions from the current entrance plaza music...Mission Space and Ellen's.

I've heard the original before opening last fall...I thinking "Isn't that???"

Chef Mickey

While I appreciate the fact people are excited to ride these 2 attractions in their last day, where have you been the last 10 years? I ride EEA at least 3 times per trip because I actually enjoy it. I don't take a nap or use it to cool down. When I rode in June, EEA literally had one other couple in my entire section and probably 12 in the entire attraction.

Same with GMR. I pay attention and enjoy it the entire time, always finding new details.

I know, a slight rant, but don't start showing support just because they will be gone forever. Show support while they were there and we might not be losing them at all.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom