Great Movie Ride or Old-school movie ride?

FettFan

well of course it is a different experience. That is what happens when you add the movie Cars into test track. :)

No...if you add Cars into Test Track, youd be getting Larry the Cable Guy shilling for Chevrolet and "Golly shucks yall, we're gonna dee-zine us a car right-cheer. Getter done!"

Figaro928

Some new celeb hand and foot prints would be nice for the front entrance too. In 1992-ish I was so excited to lie down a get my picture taken with PeeWee's handprints... now the area barely gets a glance.

You give Adele Dazeem's a cement ceremony... that at least would create a little buzz

Marc Gil

To be quite honest, I think The Great Movie Ride is one of the best rides on the property, and it still delivers that "WOW" after all these years.

The ride is still in pretty good shape. There's no issues with effects or the AA's. The show quality is pretty consistent, as opposed to Splash or POTC.

George Lucas on a Bench

This is one of the last attractions Disney has done and left intact that's anywhere near the level of Pirates of the Caribbean. Seriously. What have they done since, I guess, Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain that hasn't downsized the quantity and functionality of Audio-Animatronics, has highly detailed show scenes like this one and is slow moving? It's a close cousin to EPCOT Center attractions Spaceship Earth, World of Motion and Horizons from that era. They don't do anything like this anymore, people. We lose it entirely and they'll likely replace it with some dumb thrill ride with screens, very few Animatronics and inadequate capacity.

I really like TGMR. I am not into older classic films and haven't seen most of them, but I still enjoy and appreciate the ride. It would be a great loss if Disney decided to replace it. Unfortunately, gone are Horizons, WoM, WoL, the real Living Seas and the waterfalls at Poly. This ride will unfortunately share in their legacy.

quirkle

I just went on it on our last trip and Sept and didn't see anything not working, falling apart or anything wrong with it. I fully enjoyed it the way it was and I like that it has classic movies. The only thing I might "update" is the speakers and only because I had a bit of a hard time understanding the chick on ours.

Totally about the sound system -I know I am getting older but my kids were both like what?? What did she say? My eldest daughter actually asked if she had marbles in her mouth LOL!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom