Great Movie Ride/Indy Jones

Justin

Original Poster
Hey Everyone, I was talking to my friend a couple of weeks ago and was starting to wonder about this...

But We were talking about upcoming attractions, and stuff at the parks, and she told me that GMR was going down in the future for an Indiana Jones Ride....

I'm not saying this is true cause i dont know, but i was just wondering your opinions since GMR is due for a redo now.
And they have the Indy stunt show what do you think could be going on?

Tom Morrow

Well.. a clone of the Disneyland Indiana Jones ride is really unlikely, because its too similar to Dinosaur, and the Studios already has an Indiana Jones attraction. However, I do think that GMR is really outdated, and unlike most of Disney's older rides, it doesn't have that "outdated charm" to keep it interesting. I'm all for changing it or renovating it.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Don't believe a word of it until something is absolutely official.

With the original three Indy films coming to DVD and the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones saga expected to hit theaters in 2004/2005, there are going to be a lot of rumors about an Indy invasion of the Disney/MGM Studios.

From what I have heard, The Great Movie Ride is just suppose to go under a usual rehab and nothing more. Doesn't make sense to add a Indy theme to the ride when the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular isn't far away. Plus I have no idea how much room would be needed to add the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland to Walt Disney World but I think it would need more space. I have no idea so don't ask me on that aspect.

There have been tons of rumors of replacements for The Great Movie Ride but none have surfaced to coming even close to greenlit so just relax for now.

bmxviper02

u no im new to this site but ive been to disneyworld about 17 times even tho im only 14.. i no all the rides by heart and still love the place.. if they did make an indy ride i dunno i think they should just update the great movie ride wit star wars and stuff and take away the mary poppins bla bla bla:)

AndyMagic

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Plus I have no idea how much room would be needed to add the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland to Walt Disney World but I think it would need more space.
The Great Movie Ride building is really HUGE and I'm pretty sure it is about the same size as the DINOSAUR building so it might be able to fit but the problem is... it just isn't the place for it. The building would have to be themed to some sort of temple and even with the hat in front... it would still stick out from Hollywood Bld.

Epcot is my fav

i think that the Great Movie ride either needs to be updated or taken out....dont get me wrong i love the ride but something needs to happen....an Indiana Jones ride is unlikey unles the show is put out into something else....dont see it happening

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
More then likely, Disney will keep the Sorcerer's Hat up long after the 100 Years of Magic celebration is over like they did with the Mickey Hand at Epcot, so I don't think the Indy ride, if it is built, would go good behind the Sorcerer's Hat.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
i think that the Great Movie ride either needs to be updated or taken out....dont get me wrong i love the ride but something needs to happen....an Indiana Jones ride is unlikey unles the show is put out into something else....dont see it happening

I agree that something needs to be done with The Great Movie Ride. Most rides in the Disney Studios park are 10 years old and are in bad need of an update. The Indy Stunt Show may get an update with the upcoming Indiana Jones 4 opening in 2004/2005 but that is a BIG maybe.

Nintendo18

Yes that's right, that hat might be there for a while, but the 100 Years of Magic sign is going down with the end of the celebration and the beginning of Disney's new advertising campaign: "Where the Magic Lives."

Crissup

Considering that the Sorcerer Mickey hat was designed to become the new studio icon, don't expect it to go away for many, many years.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
No, consider that Disney spent most of their money for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration on that hat you have to figuare that it is going to stick around for quite awhile. Same thing happened with the Mickey Hand at Epcot.

Shaman

I don't know, I'd prefer the GMR to be related to DISNEY movies, both animated and live action. Not only would it give the ride a major new look but would also go right with the hat in front of the building, it would also fit nicely with the park's overall theme. Perhaps another thing they can do to it, is make is into a ride about all the Disney Villains. Both are rumors out there, and are better than what they have now. Just some thoughts. :hammer:

Purdue129

Couldn't they keep the outside of GMR the same and have an Indy themed ride inside, with the storyline having something to do with you becoming part of the movie? Especially since the 4th IJ installment is coming soon.

Just another idea to throw out there :)

DisneyKrazed

I think that the hat is good if they want to put in a new ride. If they need to tear apart the GMR building the hat could block the construction from Hollywood Builivard.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Purdue129
Couldn't they keep the outside of GMR the same and have an Indy themed ride inside, with the storyline having something to do with you becoming part of the movie? Especially since the 4th IJ installment is coming soon.

Just another idea to throw out there :)

No, it wouldn't make sense. An Indiana Jones ride would have to be in a building themed around a temple or ruins like the other attractions.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
I think that the hat is good if they want to put in a new ride. If they need to tear apart the GMR building the hat could block the construction from Hollywood Builivard.

The hat will remain the same as a gift shop. There is no way they could possibly place a ride in the Sorcerer's Hat. Too small a space.

Shaman

It wouldn't make any sense if another Indiana Jones attraction existed in the park. And anyways lets not forget that its mostly in Disney's best intrest to keep the park as DISNEY as it can get. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Muppets have nothing to do with Disney, and even though the park is called Disney's MGM studios, it still doesn't make any sense to place another non Disney related attraction. (Isn't MGM going to be dropped from the name of the park soon?? I've seen some Disney buses which have the destinaton labled as Disney Studios.)

By the way, I really don't care about either Star Wars or Indiana Jones or even muppets not being Disney, all those attractions are real good. (looking foward to a new film on Star Wars thought:sohappy: )

Main Street USA

No, consider that Disney spent most of their money for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration on that hat you have to figuare that it is going to stick around for quite awhile. Same thing happened with the Mickey Hand at Epcot.

The hat will be staying at the Disney Studios because it WAS, indeed, designed to be the parks new icon. Not because of money in any way shape or form.

Purdue129

No, it wouldn't make sense. An Indiana Jones ride would have to be in a building themed around a temple or ruins like the other attractions.

It doesn't have to be themed around a temple just cause the DL one is... my point was to have it themed as if you were going to the theatre and 'became' part of the movie, which in this case would be an Indy movie, the rest of the ride would be Indy themed(temples, ruins... etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom