Great Experience at the Studios Drawing Olaf from Frozen

profscottraynor

Original Poster
On our recent trip we were able to draw Olaf during the "Draw a Character" segment. It was a neat experience. I'm an art professor/drawing instructor and my daughter is an artist in training. I learned the most from the entire experience with some wisdom from my daughter.

You can see our drawings here:

jlsHouston

On our recent trip we were able to draw Olaf during the "Draw a Character" segment. It was a neat experience. I'm an art professor/drawing instructor and my daughter is an artist in training. I learned the most from the entire experience with some wisdom from my daughter.

Loved it..I discovered this place at HS finally last November...We had a 10 am FP+ at TSMM and when we finished there we walked to the Disney Animation attraction and spent a good 30 minutes with the kids messing with the stuff in the queue before we went into the class... I was working off my phone emailing while they were drawing Pluto...they loved it..I saved their pics too...
Loved your link and the drawings you and your daughter did.
Thanks for sharing.

profscottraynor

Original Poster
Loved it..I discovered this place at HS finally last November...We had a 10 am FP+ at TSMM and when we finished there we walked to the Disney Animation attraction and spent a good 30 minutes with the kids messing with the stuff in the queue before we went into the class... I was working off my phone emailing while they were drawing Pluto...they loved it..I saved their pics too...
Loved your link and the drawings you and your daughter did.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe this is a training ground for future Disney animators!

jlsHouston

My daughter who is only going to be 4 next month already loves to draw and is quite good even if I am a little biased! I can't wait to take her to this attraction when she's old enough!
If she can sit for 20 minutes and copy from looking at a board she can probably successfully do this activity even at 4. And the queue is good. Kids loved it.

Betsyboo

Thanks for sharing your experience and I love the article that you wrote. I'm hoping to draw when we visit in just a couple of weeks.

profscottraynor

Original Poster
My daughter who is only going to be 4 next month already loves to draw and is quite good even if I am a little biased! I can't wait to take her to this attraction when she's old enough!

I have a four year old as well. We tried the experience once with him but it didn't go well. We are hoping he will be ready by 5.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just came back from DHS today doing the drawing class. My class drew Stitch and mine turned out pretty good. The artist gave me her version after showing her mine (I also did Stitch's voice which was the other reason).
IMG_20140209_145751_zps78b31362.jpg

WDWoptmist

We go do this everytime we are in DHS almost it's so fun!! We did Anna from Frozen last time by far the hardest we've ever done but the cast member was quite possibly the best we've ever had

Dwarful

This is a must do for us every trip...usually multiple times per trip, ok...usually multiple times per day. lol. A few years ago we went with other Disney vets and they had never done this. Now it's their family favorite and they have also turned other friends on to this wonderful experience. Now, my youngest daughter leaves drawings on my white board in my class for my students to enjoy (and try to copy). I should also note that the girls ALWAYS manage to buy at least one drawing book every trip. They have quite the collection now and I can see a big change in their skills.

I would be proud to display your daughter's art work! What a great job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom