Gray Magic Band Showing in MDE Selection

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I ordered Magic Bands a couple of days ago for our upcoming trip. I decided to get themed ones (vs solid colors). The specific MB descriptions/names are showing in the email confirmation I received and while the charges are still pending, the pending amount on my bank account equals the cost of what I expected to pay for the upgraded bands. That being said, in MDE, the band I ordered for me is showing as a plain gray band. Everyone else's appears correctly and I can see all of my previous MBs (design, solid color, old style, new style, etc.), but for whatever reason, what I ordered for myself earlier this week just shows as gray.

Has anyone else had this happen? And if so, what was the outcome? I went with a seasonal design this time, so maybe they're not loaded into the system the same way others are? The bands shipped today, so I'll find out soon enough, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Worth noting... MBs are dead. At least anything free. You can reUSE an old MB.... until the internal battery dies.

Now - got an AP? Those cards still work perfectly, as long as they are active. But that MB? Dead Technology. WDW is clearly moving toward CellPhone apps, and dumping the failed MB technology. Own a Cell Phone. MBs are dead.

Rob562

Worth noting... MBs are dead. At least anything free. You can reUSE an old MB.... until the internal battery dies.

Now - got an AP? Those cards still work perfectly, as long as they are active. But that MB? Dead Technology. WDW is clearly moving toward CellPhone apps, and dumping the failed MB technology. Own a Cell Phone. MBs are dead.

Not entirely accurate. MagicBands will continue to work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions, even after the internal battery dies.

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member

I don’t think that is true. They’re still bringing out new Magic Band designs. It’s just that you don’t get free ones anymore. And you can also continue to ask for a free Key to the World card to use.

I’m not sure why you think the MB technology has failed. It clearly hasn’t if they’re still making new ones.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Yup, we know there are no longer freebies. We still appreciate the convenience of them. I know there are no FPs right now to be able to use them for that function, but after spending several days at Disneyland a few years ago, we realized how much we missed that MB convenience. Even when we stayed at the Swan, we used them for park tickets so I wasn't having to wear a lanyard or fish cards out of my bag for everything. That being said, I paid for a higher priced special one and not a plain gray one, so I was just concerned that MDE is showing the one I just bought as basic gray. I guess I'll just have to wait see what arrives for me in the mail.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Not entirely accurate. MagicBands will continue to work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions, even after the internal battery dies.

-Rob
I did not know that - THANK YOU.
Now - anyone figure out how to open the Hockey Puck to do a battery replacement? Or is the unit a throw-away, with integral power source?

NelleBelle

Yup, we know there are no longer freebies. We still appreciate the convenience of them. I know there are no FPs right now to be able to use them for that function, but after spending several days at Disneyland a few years ago, we realized how much we missed that MB convenience. Even when we stayed at the Swan, we used them for park tickets so I wasn't having to wear a lanyard or fish cards out of my bag for everything. That being said, I paid for a higher priced special one and not a plain gray one, so I was just concerned that MDE is showing the one I just bought as basic gray. I guess I'll just have to wait see what arrives for me in the mail.
What was the outcome of the gray MB?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
What was the outcome of the gray MB?

While Disney had no clue, I found out on another forum that the website will reflect gray when you've got a limited or special edition MB. I guess not enough were produced to for them to load the photo into the system for MBs tied to a person. So, that's the good news. The bad news...mine still have not shown and Disney has been pretty useless, so far, in getting it resolved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom