Grand Floridian

Beacon Joe

What sort of tips are you looking for? Dining, relaxing, entertainment?

Despite my frustration with the parks and resorts lately and recent changes at the GF, I'm still rather fond of the GF and I have a few tips to start:

It's a good resort for viewing fireworks. You can see them decently well from the quiet pool. Or walk towards Narcoossee's and view from the dock area.

The electrical water parade is fun and viewable from the dock as well as the walkway next to the DVC tower.

And since I saw a lot, and I mean a lot, of families making this mistake and turning around: the walkway next to the DVC tower no longer goes anywhere.

Walking to and from the Magic Kingdom is short, easy and pretty. And it's far quicker than waiting for the boat. Depending upon how the monorails are running on a given day, walking can also be much faster. But beware, it has recently become a major spot for smokers, so the last 1/8 of a mile gets pretty gross.

If you want quick service from Gasparilla Grill, I found it quicker recently to go and order in person. It wasn't always this way, but our last visit there was a little ridiculous with the app's return windows starting > 30 minutes from time of order.

For the villas, I kind of hesitate recommending this since during our last 3 visits it got really screwed up for us, but it may be worth a shot to search online for villa views and you can put in a room request if there's one you really like.

Trueblood

There's a few things that I think the Grand does very, very well.

Victoria & Albert's is a Michelin star and AAA 5-Diamond restaurant for a reason. If you only have one fancy meal in your life, this is a good place to do it. There was one trip with friends where we were on property for one night before going on a cruise. We went to V&A, they went to Not-so-scary. For about the same money, we had a FAR better time.

Their other restaurants are solid, too.

My preference is an endcap room overlooking the water. There's something downright peaceful about sitting out on the veranda in the morning watching the resort wake up.

GrandLake-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom